• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resurrected: Colorist Mishaps (funny or not)
1 1

57 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2023 at 11:06 PM, B2D327 said:

There’s so much going on with the cape that the little spot of moonlight was probably overlooked with the vertigo I could imagine being induced by all the jagged line work

Never noticed that, I was always focused on Batman's third hand.  

On 11/4/2023 at 12:06 AM, B2D327 said:

There’s so much going on with the cape that the little spot of moonlight was probably overlooked with the vertigo I could imagine being induced by all the jagged line work

Yeah, since this is a thread about color, I guess that's the error we're meant to spot, and not that there's no good reason that the right side of his cape is in the air, considering that his right hand is around her shoulder. (I looked for the meme/diagram explaining this, but couldn't quickly find it.)

On 11/5/2023 at 8:14 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yeah, since this is a thread about color, I guess that's the error we're meant to spot, and not that there's no good reason that the right side of his cape is in the air, considering that his right hand is around her shoulder. (I looked for the meme/diagram explaining this, but couldn't quickly find it.)

I can allow McFarlane some artistic liberty in this case as he’s clearly exaggerating the dynamics of the cape (a la the majority of his Spawn work) and not that there’s an arm or hand holding up either side but since he drew it, only he could confirm this.

On 11/5/2023 at 8:40 AM, habsfan1 said:

I know this doesn’t have to do with the colouring, but I have to wonder…did he have to tuck each side of his hair up into the sides of his mask??

Not only that, but is that a child he’s holding up? Considering Wolverine was 5’3” according to the OHOTMU at the time and his victim is clearly of shorter stature

hm

:roflmao:

On 11/5/2023 at 9:16 AM, B2D327 said:

This one has always bothered me and I’ve seen examples where it’s even worse

IMG_5535.jpeg

Is there something I'm missing about the color? His right arm above the elbow looks like it's bent into two segments, and the left one looks too long, but I figured since this is a thread about coloring, it's not the anatomy that's the reason for posting this.

On 11/5/2023 at 10:52 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Is there something I'm missing about the color? His right arm above the elbow looks like it's bent into two segments, and the left one looks too long, but I figured since this is a thread about coloring, it's not the anatomy that's the reason for posting this.

The bright spot on his nose always seemed exaggerated to me and sticks out like a sore thumb. Probably not an “error” so to speak but I think a professional colorist would be able to handle a depiction of lighting/glare on the face a little better around the entire face than just that one light spot on his nose

Edited by B2D327

On 11/5/2023 at 11:53 AM, B2D327 said:

The bright spot on his nose always seemed exaggerated to me and sticks out like a sore thumb. Probably not an “error” so to speak but I think a professional colorist would be able to handle a depiction of lighting/glare on the face a little better around the entire face than just that one light spot on his nose

That contrast *might* just be a limitation of the coloring production process pre-computer coloring.

On 11/5/2023 at 1:25 PM, habsfan1 said:

Interesting to see an earlier draft of this

IMG_7206.webp

Makes him look more like a Shi'ar.

On 11/5/2023 at 11:08 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That contrast *might* just be a limitation of the coloring production process pre-computer coloring.

Considering that hundreds of books had been published up to that point in time, for an editor to ok that this travesty be allowed to deface the noble visage of Luke Cage should have called for his immediate firing :censored:

image.jpeg.486b578e5fb677b9426dee3f2980cfdb.jpeg