• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLACK GOLIATH #1 CGC 9.6, WHITE PAGES, FOR SALE!!

14 posts in this topic

Who's the MAN! That's right, Black Goliath. Here is the first issue, "Because you demanded it!" An awesome copy with perfect white pages. This issue re-tells the character's origin and features art by George Tuska and Vince Colletta. Black Goliath #1, he's a Man's Man, baby. If this book is not what you are looking for, feel free to let me know what kinds of books you would like to see me put up here and if there is something specific you are looking for. If you are interested in this book or have a question, please feel free to call toll-free at 1(800) 229-6387 x10 or e-mail me at orders@metropoliscomics.com. To view large scans please see the URLs below. Thank You.

http://metropoliscomics.com/incoming/BLA34.25a.jpg

http://metropoliscomics.com/incoming/BLA34.25b.jpg

BLACK GOLIATH ----------------------------------------------------------

ISSUE GRADE PRICE

1 NM+ 9.6 $75.00

(CGC White pgs)

CGC: 097743019

Ed Sanchez

Metropolis Collectibles

George Tuska & Vince Colletta!

i dare, dare you, i say to find a worse possible combination of two artists from the last fifty years.

that said, good luck with the auction, it's a sweet book, and if someone buys it, they'll never have to look at the abominable art inside

Frank Robbins with anybody else… even Neal Adams

i dare, dare you, i say to find a worse possible combination of two artists from the last fifty years.

that said, good luck with the auction, it's a sweet book, and if someone buys it, they'll never have to look at the abominable art inside

Frank Robbins with anybody else… even Neal Adams

well, that's a good start, but the "Colletta factor" destroys any advantage you may or may not have had with Mr. Robbins vs. Mr. Tuska. note that the Robbins/Colletta variant might be a winner, but you would have to find an example of this combination. i'd start with The Invaders, personally, but you're not exactly someone who needs this kind of information from me regarding same

I'm looking at the book and that is not even a nick or smudge on the case, it is a smudge from the scanner bed. The book would not have been graded a 9.6 if that were on the actual cover. A 9.6 should basically be free of any immediately obvious wear, you should have to look at the book closely to find the minimal amount of stress lines and/or light general wear allowable for a 9.6.

I'm looking at the book and that is not even a nick or smudge on the case, it is a smudge from the scanner bed. The book would not have been graded a 9.6 if that were on the actual cover. A 9.6 should basically be free of any immediately obvious wear, you should have to look at the book closely to find the minimal amount of stress lines and/or light general wear allowable for a 9.6.

You mean like the URFC? yeahok.gif

That corner is just "leaning" back, it's not missing or bent, just "relaxing". thumbsup2.gif

That corner is just "leaning" back, it's not missing or bent, just "relaxing". thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif Can I borrw that one? Classic.

Run with it. thumbsup2.gif

Run with it. thumbsup2.gif

cloud9.gif