• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sell OR keep?
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Now that i am owner of a first print, i had put my third print on the market, there is a vf- (7.5) got an offer of 55usd.

Accept? Or keep it in a chest and get out in 10 years? Is a good price i think and we have to consider that is a third print, but the fact is that when the value of the original up the value of the reprint up. And above all did you remind that this book was worth nothing few years ago ?

received_1041147430226684.thumb.jpeg.407eedf789061d6d44a87944f84a7b53.jpeg

Edited by BA773

On 11/9/2023 at 9:42 AM, B2D327 said:

Sell and use the proceeds towards another book you want and expect may increase in the near future, especially since your location has made other purchases a bit difficult. Even shipping costs increases are getting out of hand 

The 99% of the books on my views are some dollar bin books, because of a specific goal i collect only between 1987 and 2011,  so i dont really have to earn money with comic books right now but there are some book that i doesnt want anymore in my collection, and i thought that this one was more specific than the others because i dont now if he is going to increase? (shrug)

Edited by BA773

On 11/9/2023 at 2:40 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

This increase alone makes almost all overseas purchases too expensive for me now. 

Fortunately you live in ukxD

On 11/9/2023 at 2:56 PM, Dave2739 said:

I didn't even know there is third printing of this book. I'd keep it.

There is 3 print + a newstaand + many and many variant + tons of traduced editions:roflmao: 

I remember to see someone who made a topic about that he collected every editions, it was a crazy picture, a freaking wall of bat 423, even if i cannot understand to have 2 time the same... it was a great accomplishment.

And whats the argument to keep them if i can ask?

Edited by BA773

On 11/9/2023 at 3:12 PM, LadyDeath said:

I bought a graded 9.0 of the 2nd print last year for around $150. Currently, third print copies on ebay are around the same price.

I bought it for 45 usd to one of my favourite seller anthony's comic book art from NJ 1 year ago. Its only a 7.5 so i thought 150 for 9 is realistic 

On 11/9/2023 at 9:16 AM, BA773 said:

There is 3 print + a newstaand + many and many variant + tons of traduced editions:roflmao: 

I remember to see someone who made a topic about that he collected every editions, it was a crazy picture, a freaking wall of bat 423, even if i cannot understand to have 2 time the same... it was a great accomplishment.

And whats the argument to keep them if i can ask?

i don't really have a good reason. I just think having the third print with your first print is cool, especially with it being such a classic McFarlane cover. And it's not really taking up that much space in your collection.

On 11/9/2023 at 3:35 PM, Readcomix said:

I have no sense of how common each of the three printings is, but if it turns out anything like Hulk 377, you’ll wish you kept the third, not the other two. 

Here unfortunately is not apply...

On 11/10/2023 at 6:58 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

I'm a big fan of keeping multiple copies of books I really like. The cold hard cash does not give me a warm & fuzzy feeling on a dark and windswept night. But having 2 nice copies of Kamandi 11 does. 

Or maybe have both with a collection of Richie Rich covers?706163.jpg.9952246cee59e7498e213a2e218eeb0f.jpg

On 11/9/2023 at 1:31 AM, BA773 said:

Now that i am owner of a first print, i had put my third print on the market, there is a vf- (7.5) got an offer of 55usd.

Accept? Or keep it in a chest and get out in 10 years? Is a good price i think and we have to consider that is a third print, but the fact is that when the value of the original up the value of the reprint up. And above all did you remind that this book was worth nothing few years ago ?

received_1041147430226684.thumb.jpeg.407eedf789061d6d44a87944f84a7b53.jpeg

Imagine that you didn’t have the book, but had $55 that you had earmarked for comic books.  If you saw that book for sale for $55, would you buy it?  Or would you buy something else?  If there are books you’d rather own than it, you should probably sell it.

If the only reason you want to hold onto it is that you think it might go up and you have FOMS ( fear of missing something ), you should sell.

That is the rational decision process, but I’m telling you that as the owner of many, many books that I would never buy at their current prices. :)

On 11/11/2023 at 1:17 AM, Hamlet said:

Imagine that you didn’t have the book, but had $55 that you had earmarked for comic books.  If you saw that book for sale for $55, would you buy it?  Or would you buy something else?  If there are books you’d rather own than it, you should probably sell it.

If the only reason you want to hold onto it is that you think it might go up and you have FOMS ( fear of missing something ), you should sell.

That is the rational decision process, but I’m telling you that as the owner of many, many books that I would never buy at their current prices. :)

Like i told precedently in the topic i paid 45 usd for it. And yes the term of FOMS that you use is probably appropriate here.

On 11/11/2023 at 12:17 AM, Hamlet said:

I like this way of looking at it. Not considered it in quite those terms and it makes a lot of sense. Likewise, have a number of books that I would never consider buying at their current prices.