• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charge.
1 1

4 posts in this topic

When does CGC Charge my credit card. I purchased a membership and then sent for magazines in to be graded. During the invoice process, when it is time to finalize the order, and it calls for the credit card information  I then clicked on the submit link and continued the process of printing out the invoice and sending everything in. I assumed that, like all other websites I have used, once you finalize the order it charges the card immediately, Just as it did when I paid my membership dues. Apparently there is some time before CGC charges the card. I looked for some place that explained this process on the site but could not find one. It is possible that I missed it. This has to create problems for both CGC and there customers, If CGC does not charge first then there could be issues with there not being enough money to cover the charges due to there delay. I am trying to make it possible for CGC to collect any outstanding fees so there is no delay in turn around time.if there is no explanation of the charging process on there web site, there needs to be one so that CGC and it's customers can be on the same page. Thanks. Dreadful Delay 

On 11/16/2023 at 1:45 PM, Alan Thomas said:

When does CGC Charge my credit card. I purchased a membership and then sent for magazines in to be graded. During the invoice process, when it is time to finalize the order, and it calls for the credit card information  I then clicked on the submit link and continued the process of printing out the invoice and sending everything in. I assumed that, like all other websites I have used, once you finalize the order it charges the card immediately, Just as it did when I paid my membership dues. Apparently there is some time before CGC charges the card. I looked for some place that explained this process on the site but could not find one. It is possible that I missed it. This has to create problems for both CGC and there customers, If CGC does not charge first then there could be issues with there not being enough money to cover the charges due to there delay. I am trying to make it possible for CGC to collect any outstanding fees so there is no delay in turn around time.if there is no explanation of the charging process on there web site, there needs to be one so that CGC and it's customers can be on the same page. Thanks. Dreadful Delay 

They usually charge once they input your submission into the system (typically "scheduled for grading" status), so it can be a few weeks after the submission actually arrives at CGC. If you have any credits, they'll apply it then as well. If you are also having them press the books, they charge for pressing and grading separately (pressing charge when it's scheduled for pressing and then grading charge when it's scheduled for grading).

On 11/16/2023 at 2:45 PM, Alan Thomas said:

No charges will occur when you complete your submission form.  It is not a live form. Once you print out and submit along with your books, it will be processed (ie they open your package) and inputted into the system which will then start the charge.  Depending on what you have, if you have pressing, there will be a pressing charge and then the slab charge.  They may occur at the same time or be at separate times.  If you signed up for new membership, you will also have a $150 credit which can be applied to your orders.  You will not see the credit on your account.  Check the invoice/charge to see if you got credited for it.  If not, contact them to see if they can apply.