• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insight on Dealer Trade-ins
1 1

23 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2023 at 7:33 PM, timguerrero said:

I'm sure it would have been different if I had shown the art before owing him money already. And I didn't pay cash because I didn't want to. I am continously monitoring auctions and sale prices for art so I think I have a good grasp on what a piece is worth.

Ok- I’m just saying that saying someone took advantage of you is a negative saying. Like they ripped you off. But as we all know pricing art is subjective so if you didn’t like the evaluation you had other options. Rather than saying you were taken advantage of . 

On 11/29/2023 at 7:38 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Ok- I’m just saying that saying someone took advantage of you is a negative saying. Like they ripped you off. But as we all know pricing art is subjective so if you didn’t like the evaluation you had other options. Rather than saying you were taken advantage of . 

OP is asking for insight on dealer trade ins and that is my personal evaluation on my trade ins with Romitaman and Anthony. I've also done trade ins with a dealer in Ireland but I didn't share that insight. You may not agree with my POV but it is what it is as there doesn't exist a predetermined formula for OA trades be it with a dealer or with another collector.

Edited by timguerrero

On 11/29/2023 at 7:33 PM, timguerrero said:

I'm sure it would have been different if I had shown the art before owing him money already. And I didn't pay cash because I didn't want to. I am continously monitoring auctions and sale prices for art so I think I have a good grasp on what a piece is worth.

It’s the same as in a trade: if you don’t want to pay cash and would rather do a trade - even if it’s half cash/half trade - you can expect to give up more in value because dealers aren’t in this to trade dollars for dollars or straight up.

Does Anthony still have the art you traded him on his website?