• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well it’s outta my Wheelhouse!
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Those sold for multiples less than the bid already ... don't ask ... I won't say, but you can probably find mention of the covers around facebook somewhere if you search and ask the seller. The owners dad had put them away in the 80's I guess and passed away and his son dug them out with a coverless Action #10 and #13 a Wonder Woman #1 coverless and other stuff. He had sold some stuff to this same current seller ( I assume ) prior and I suspect he may have sold a coverless Action #12 and kept and matched the back cover to this Det #27 front not knowing since he isn't really a collector.... thus the right back cover, just married from an Action #12. I tried to buy / trade for these covers, but it was a deal where this seller was talking to a buyer and the buyer was his best buddy in the world now type of thing lol. I don't beg and grovel to buy stuff so in the cut throat world of expensive comic stuff I usually just miss out. None of it is really that rare or awe inspiring for me regardless of being able to afford stuff or how cool it is. I won't run stuff up to get it or whatever or help others price their books by being an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. That being said, of-course I would have liked to have gotten them to hold onto as I will never buy a complete Action #1 or Detective #27 just for the amount of money I would have to tie up in something like that that could do other things. I'm going to guess they go for $125,000