• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Verify CGC Certification Returns Search Limitation Exceeded
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I saw this was asked once in 2020 but no resolution.

I have dome a few searches with the Certification tool and got hit with CGC Search Limitation Exceeded,  Looking Up Your search activity has exceeded our limits. These limits help to protect the security of our database. Please try again later.

I've waited a while. Changed from Chrome to Firefox. Wiped all history. Disabled all extensions, and still get this. I have a Premium CGC Membership. I have three questions:

1) if there is a limitation to the number of searches what is that number?

2) If one has to wait a certain time to search again what is that wait time?

3) If neither of the above is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello @PovertyRow

Thank you for reaching out to us. There are limits to the number of searches that can be conducted before the system will flag the user as a potential bot. Quick searches in succession may trigger the system to temporarily disable searches. After a cool-down period, you may resume your search. I am sorry that I cannot provide the specifics of what triggers these protections.

If you are still experiencing this issue please let me know and I can speak to your WebHelp team to see how we can assist.