• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have 7 Amazing Spider-Man 252 newstand edition and have a few questions.
1 1

8 posts in this topic

My questions are. I have 7 of these and would like to get them graded. But there are not any of these books in the 10 mint or 9.9 grades. Is there a reason there is not a 10 of this book? Publishing error or any other reasons? I cannot find anything wrong with these books and was hoping on some help. I believe these could all be 10 mints. I was pretty anal about taking care of them when I was a kid. What makes me nervous is there are no 10's of this comic. Is there a reason? And I am also worried that the Fed Ex or UPS drivers may damage these books on the way there or on the way back to me.

Edited by OldNewbie77

Your other questions were basically answered. For the shipping/damage aspect, that is an inherent risk when sending off books to get graded. Double or triple box with lots of packing (peanuts/bubble wrap, etc.). Chances are, they will only get damaged while at the facility itself.... 

On 11/18/2023 at 10:53 PM, OldNewbie77 said:

My questions are. I have 7 of these and would like to get them graded. But there are not any of these books in the 10 mint or 9.9 grades. Is there a reason there is not a 10 of this book? Publishing error or any other reasons? I cannot find anything wrong with these books and was hoping on some help. I believe these could all be 10 mints. I was pretty anal about taking care of them when I was a kid. What makes me nervous is there are no 10's of this comic. Is there a reason? And I am also worried that the Fed Ex or UPS drivers may damage these books on the way there or on the way back to me.

i see 2 defects on the image you posted: blunted top right corner and bottom left doesn't appear perfect, of course i am trying to grade using an image of only the front and inside a bag.  

Buying a book from a comic vendor as a brand new book doesn't mean you have 9.8's let alone 9.9 or 10.

Good luck with your submission! Pack them well for the journey.

Why not post some pics or scans of them in the Hey Buddy Can You Spare Me A Grade section of the forum. There are some battle hardened board members who will be able to give you pretty good idea of the grade of each copy and give you good feedback on any flaws they can see. Make sure to title each thread with with 'Copy 1 of 7' etc as you list them. One book per thread and three books maximum per day. Welcome to the forum!