• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bargain Box comics still around?

8 posts in this topic

Recently, I was re-bagging some comics that I bought at a Motorcity Comicon several years ago.

I came across several backing boards containing the name and address for Bargain Box in Zanesville, OH.

as I mentioned previously, it’s been a while, but I think the owner had a mullet of some kind, perhaps missing a tooth, and his name was ‘Dean’?  And again, my memory may not be the best, but he had a daughter named Cheyanne?

anyone know if he still sets up at shows or still had a store?

On 11/26/2023 at 7:15 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Nothing about comic books…not sure if it’s the same Bargain Box

You are right - apologies.  

Lots of card and video games, but I didn't see any comics. 

I can't imagine there are two Bargain Boxes in the same city? My guess is, they changed their focused and abandon comics? 

On 11/25/2023 at 6:38 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I came across several backing boards containing the name and address for Bargain Box in Zanesville, OH.

The address listed on their Facebook page is 575 Harding, Zanesville, OH

What is the address listed on the backing boards you got from them?

I called them via the phone number they provided on their Facebook page, and they are not quite the same Bargain Box

Dean sold the business around 2010, and the current own dabbles in comics,  it the focus of his business is Pokémon and video games.

just wondering if anyone has Dean’s contact info that can share in a DM

On 11/27/2023 at 2:58 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I called them via the phone number they provided on their Facebook page, and they are not quite the same Bargain Box

Dean sold the business around 2010, and the current own dabbles in comics,  it the focus of his business is Pokémon and video games.

just wondering if anyone has Dean’s contact info that can share in a DM

I have a number for Dean.  I haven't seen him, or spoken with him, for what must be at least a decade. So is it still a working number?  Dunno.  I'll PM ya.

Edited by Warlord