• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling Comic Collection in LA Area
2 2

47 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2023 at 7:00 PM, mlovest said:

Yes...I've purchased a number of comics from Dale over the years.  He has plenty of raw ASMs on his website, and they are not listed for $3-5.  I will stop responding now as it's of no value to get hammered by people who think I'm trying to sell VF dreck off as over priced and over graded .  I will simply get the good stuff graded, and I will sell it for GPA...

Happy 2024 and good luck with your collecting! :peace:

Not expecting a response then, but ask yourself.   Does the average buyer really care if the WOS 39 they are buying for their set is 9.0 or 9.6?

Its a rough market out there for anything non-key.    I have thousands of books myself that are probably worth less than I paid for them 20 or 30 years ago, realistically.

@mlovestyou might want to consider getting a table at @TerrysComics CalComiccon Comic Swap.  I think the price is in the $150 range and you can take a decent representative sample of the collection you are looking to sell.  You can sell at the Comic Swap but more importantly, you probably would make contacts there with folks who would be interested in buying quantities of books at somewhere between wholesale and full FMV.  

On 12/29/2023 at 6:00 PM, mlovest said:

Yes...I've purchased a number of comics from Dale over the years.  He has plenty of raw ASMs on his website, and they are not listed for $3-5.  I will stop responding now as it's of no value to get hammered by people who think I'm trying to sell VF dreck off as over priced and over graded .  I will simply get the good stuff graded, and I will sell it for GPA...

Happy 2024 and good luck with your collecting! :peace:

I'm not trying to hammer you, I'm just trying to help you. I want you to have a reasonable expectation on your books. I don't have any of those issues (the ones I mentioned) listed on the site because its not worth my time to list stuff for $3-5 when I have literally thousands of books which are more expensive to list. You can literally go to any decent convention in the country and find long boxes of the stuff in the price ranges we are talking about. Many of them will be NM or better. Guys like Earl Shaw carry this stuff routinely. 

On 12/30/2023 at 8:17 AM, Dale Roberts said:

I'm not trying to hammer you, I'm just trying to help you. I want you to have a reasonable expectation on your books. I don't have any of those issues (the ones I mentioned) listed on the site because its not worth my time to list stuff for $3-5 when I have literally thousands of books which are more expensive to list. You can literally go to any decent convention in the country and find long boxes of the stuff in the price ranges we are talking about. Many of them will be NM or better. Guys like Earl Shaw carry this stuff routinely. 

Thank you for you inputs, Dale.  I do appreciate it.  I will just sell off my collection more slowly and try to wring out a few more dollars here and there.  Fortunately, I am not in a rush.  Have a great 2024!  I have a great deal of respect for anyone who runs a business.

On 12/29/2023 at 7:29 PM, Nick Furious said:

@mlovestyou might want to consider getting a table at @TerrysComics CalComiccon Comic Swap.  I think the price is in the $150 range and you can take a decent representative sample of the collection you are looking to sell.  You can sell at the Comic Swap but more importantly, you probably would make contacts there with folks who would be interested in buying quantities of books at somewhere between wholesale and full FMV.  

Those who rent 3' of Swap table space ($75) will also get a Swap dealer badge and
 lanyard that will get them early access to the Main Show on Sunday.
 the two Saturday events are a Comic Social 1:00-4:00pm in lobby Bar and comic swap from 6:00pm-9:30pm
 Most CalComicCon dealers will attend and shop at the Comic swap.
  Various unofficial events will take place at the official hotel
 throughout the weekend, check the Chat boards and Facebook for more current information.
 Here's the Swap Dealer link page: https://ticketbud.com/events/5a958702-7f30-11ee-b180-42010a71702b
 You are encouraged to book a room now in order to get the convention rate of $153.
 Here's the hotel link page: https://www.calcomiccon.com/Hotel.aspx
 Terry O'Neill
 Promoter CalComicCon2024

Edited by TerrysComics

On 11/25/2023 at 6:18 PM, mlovest said:

Folks,

I have about 1,800 high-grade, mostly NM and higher, comics I want to sell.  Nothing awesome in this grouping as I've been selling off the CGC'd and keys separately, but they are very choice, high-grade comics.  Most are Spider-Man related comics including all of the obvious titles through the early '90s.  Do any of your know someone reputable I could work with in the LA area to unload some or all of them?  I'm not looking for pennies on the dollar, but a reasonable deal.  Shipping these would obviously be expensive, but I did work with a dealer in the past where I delivered a number of boxes at a local show.

99% of the comics are in Mylars and half- or full-backs, and 99% are Marvels.

Thank you much.  Hope you all had a terrific Thanksgiving!

V/R, Mike

Comic Swap (calcomiccon.com)