• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just rented FF movie

137 posts in this topic

Daredevil was a good movie. You people obviously suffer from some type of jealousy. I just don’t know why? Perhaps it’s because you don’t like Ben? confused-smiley-013.gif

Jealousy? confused.gif Because I didn't like a movie I am jealous? Of whom? It was poorly scripted with bad acting, dreadful dialogue and utterly nonsensical action scenes thrown in to appease the typical slack-jawed moviegoer. It was an embarassment to the superhero genre....and that is saying something! 27_laughing.gif

I think what we need here is a scale. A superhero movie scale. We are NOT rating superhero movies against say Citizen Kane. Just against other superhero movies.

For me, Hulk and Punisher were about a 2. BB and FF were around 5. Daredevil about 6.5.

Spider-man 2 was a 8.5 and 1 was a 9.5. Same for the X-Men movies.

You liked X-Men 1 better than 2?

They were both good, but yes I did like 1 better. It was the first. laugh.gif

893whatthe.gif

X-Men 1 was embarrassingly bad!

I had to avoid looks of derision from my wife for a week for bringing that into the house.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At least I think that's what the looks were for...

It was poorly scripted with bad acting, dreadful dialogue and utterly nonsensical action scenes thrown in to appease the typical slack-jawed moviegoer. It was an embarassment to the superhero genre....and that is saying something! 27_laughing.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Oh, and I liked the FF movie. Thought it was a lot of fun!

Make it the second, I also prefer the first Xmen.

My Rankings:

Elektra .5

FF 2

Punisher 2.5

Hulk 3

Xmen 2 3.5

Daredevil 3.5

Sin City 4.0

Spiderman 4.5

Xmen 4.5

Spiderman 2 4.5

Batman Begins 4.5

Artboy99

Make it the second, I also prefer the first Xmen.

My Rankings:

Elektra .5

FF 2

Punisher 2.5

Hulk 3

Xmen 2 3.5

Daredevil 3.5

Sin City 4.0

Spiderman 4.5

Xmen 4.5

Spiderman 2 4.5

Batman Begins 4.5

Artboy99

That's out of 5, right?

I have to agree with October. There was absolutely no magic to the Daredevil movie whatsoever. The only bright spot was Colin Farrell as Bullseye. Of course, it was still a lot better than the dreary Hulk film. FF was a subpar movie, but at least it felt like I was reading a badly scripted comic book. I'd still watch it over again for the Human Torch funny scenes. On the other hand, the Hulk didn't even seem like a comic book movie. I;ve seen it twice, and both times fell asleep during mutated dog fight scene.

I'm not a huge DC fan, but was on the edge of my seat during the entire showing of BB. Same thing with both Spider-Man and X-Men films.

remember, you can "like" a movie, and it still be "bad."

and Daredevil was...okay, but calling it the best superhero movie out there is a stretch i doubt even Reed Richards could pull off

and Daredevil was...okay, but calling it the best superhero movie out there is a stretch i doubt even Reed Richards could pull off

27_laughing.gif Agreed.

I like Zoolander so take everything I say with a grain of salt. insane.gif

27_laughing.gif Agreed.

I like Zoolander so take everything I say with a grain of salt. insane.gif

*** You are ignoring this poster on account of his terrible taste in movies ***

Finally saw Sin City and was surprised with how much I liked it. There were several scenes where I just sat there giggling like a demented person at the over the top carnage that was unfolding. I'll be checking it out again for sure!

And FF was okay, my eight year old definitely liked it more than me, but we both laughed when Ben tossed Johnny's crumpled car into the frame. They almost made the movie, but not enough of them and too much of everyone else left me feeling disappointed.

Finally saw Sin City and was surprised with how much I liked it. There were several scenes where I just sat there giggling like a demented person at the over the top carnage that was unfolding. I'll be checking it out again for sure!

And FF was okay, my eight year old definitely liked it more than me, but we both laughed when Ben tossed Johnny's crumpled car into the frame. They almost made the movie, but not enough of them and too much of everyone else left me feeling disappointed.

I loved Sin City as well. It was like Pulp Fiction to the extreme.

Bought the DVD last night and I actually liked it. They had to get a lot of storyline out of the way so there could have been more action but the actors were perfectly casted. I recently saw Batman and after listening to all the hype I just don't see what the big deal was with this movie. I lost interest about two thirds of the way through. It started out okay but generally speaking I thought it was terrible.

That's cause you have bad taste. Batman has better dialoge (you can't recognize it when you hear it) better acting and actors,better pacing,better story telling,and better director.Maybe one day you'll be able to tell the differance between a well done movie and a bad one. makepoint.gif