• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Local Philly Show 12/11

8 posts in this topic

If you are local to the Philadelphia area, I encourage all of you to come out to the local Philadelphia show held at Ramada Inn in Essignton.

Here's the website:

www.philadelphiacomic-con.com

If you are going to be there (Solar, namisgr and whoever else) please make sure you grab me. I plan on hanging out and chatting with people and the dealers -- as it's always a good time.

This is the last comic show of the year (but it's only a month til the Big Apple) so I always look forward to it.

Attendance at today's monthly Philly show was modest, but the dealers brought a number of outstanding books of all genres. My purchasing focus today was Silver and early Bronze books in close to NM shape, with exceptional cover and page color preservation.

Two from Jeff Weaver/MadCow, from the same OO collection with off-the-rack colors:

Most intense color preservation I've ever seen on this book:

Subby8.jpg

The back cover shows off the like-new appearance:

Subby8back.jpg

And:

X-Men48.jpg

Two beauties from Al Stoltz/Basement Comix, who is always incredibly easy for me to deal with:

MIS72.jpg

And:

Det407.jpg

From Gary Platt:

TTA95.jpg

And, finally, from the Las Vegas collection and Dave Reynolds/Nationwide Comics:

Dr.jpg