• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When You Guys Submit To CGC
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I've submitted to CGC three times and about to send in my fourth submission. I typically submit at least five books per order and right now I've tried to submit books from the same decade at least. Haven't sent anything older than 2000 in yet by I have some books from the 90's, 80's, 70's and even a couple from the 60's that I want to submit. Is it wise to keep the submissions for each order to be around the same time period or does it not matter? What say you?

On 11/28/2023 at 4:37 PM, seanlinc said:

The decade doesn't matter as long it's the same grading tier. Modern is 1975 and later with a value under $400.

Thanks for the response. i've heard some folks say that they have better luck when submitting books from the same decade and was wondering if anyone else had that experience. I wasn't talking about the different tiers... I should have been clearer.

On 11/28/2023 at 5:32 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

I've submitted to CGC three times and about to send in my fourth submission. I typically submit at least five books per order and right now I've tried to submit books from the same decade at least. Haven't sent anything older than 2000 in yet by I have some books from the 90's, 80's, 70's and even a couple from the 60's that I want to submit. Is it wise to keep the submissions for each order to be around the same time period or does it not matter? What say you?

I used to gang up my books according to era/tier and submit them separately just to be safe - but the last time I sent in maybe 10 books, with 3 different eras/tiers and they handled them with no issues. I figured since I followed their directions packing the books in the correct order, etc, it didn't cause any problems.