• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Madame web first appearance is getting talk on what it is!
1 1

8 posts in this topic

So, the movie has caused some talk on madam webs first appearance. She is listed "The Amazing Spider-Man #210 (November 1980)." as first. Thing is she had already showed up years before that in a hostess ad! She was young also not old!

Looks like august 1977 what comic was printed first is her first app. Some think its avengers Annuel 7 other think godzilla 1 is the first appearance of the young Madame web years before her amazing issue! Not canon but firestar was not canon in her first app also!

Madam Web (Hostess Ad, Spider-Man foe) (marvunapp.com)

This has started talk this is her real first app or at least a prototype version! Pretty neat. 

What do you guys think of this? 

422263596_041db087a3_b.jpg

On 11/28/2023 at 6:42 PM, comicwatch said:

Looks like august 1977 what comic was printed first is her first app. Some think its avengers Annuel 7 other think godzilla 1 is the first appearance 

So Wolverines first appearance was an ad page in DD #115?

So if these fools have money let me sell you some Krap…. Err investment opportunity!
I’ll play along, the 35 cent variants printed first, so Godzilla #1 35 cent variant. Send me all your bit coin and it can be yours!!!

On 12/1/2023 at 2:56 AM, NP_Gresham said:

So Wolverines first appearance was an ad page in DD #115?

That's not a good comparison, even if ads were appearances.

1. That was actually Wolverine in the ad, not just some throwaway character with a similar name.

2. The ads for Incredible Hulk 181 still don't even predate Incredible Hulk 181, let alone Incredible Hulk 180.

I found it in on page 29 from Marvel Two-In-One issue #29, July 1977. Kept the page not the book. Would be a shock to the system if it was her 1st appearance because all the speculators for ASM #210 would lose possibly thousands. And to top things off isn't that a guest appearance of Mary Jane with a Mona Lisa-like smile looking at the love-struck Madam Web being taken away in handcuffs? No one gets her tiger.

Just sayin...