• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“Oversized” vintage football cards
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have submitted many vintage football cards and have had many returned ungraded (specifically 1954, 1955 and 1956 Bowman) due to being “too large for holder”.  Has CGC found a solution for this yet, or is it still a common problem?  I ask because I have been trying to finish a 1954 Browns team set for a couple years, but have grown frustrated with trying to find high grade cards that will fit in your holders.

• Administrator

Hello @Glen Campbell

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry that you have been unable to submit your cards. The largest cards we can currently accept must be sized 2-5/8” x 3-3/4” (6.6cm x 9.5cm) or smaller. Cards may be up to 7.25mm thick. These size restrictions are strictly adhered to for the safety of your cards, and manufacturing variances can result in some cards being too large by only a millimeter or two.

I would be happy to share feedback with our management team regarding customer desire for larger holder options. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.