• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAW Hi Grade TOS #52, Monster of Frankenstein, 70s Marvel/DC, Modern Keys

8 posts in this topic

I’m selling off the bulk of my raw books. I have no idea what most of these are worth but I included a grade next to them and I tend to believe that I can grade rather accurately. Rather than scan all of these, I thought I’d see what the interest level was and only scan the books people were interested in. I am happy to e-mail scans of books that you are seriously interested in and give me an idea of the offer you might consider making. I will then go make a scan of the book here in my office and e-mail it to you. I will only charge actual shipping and insurance(your choice) and have bubble wrap here so books should be packed securely. I’m sure a wise buyer would CGC the TOS #52 and the Monster of Frankenstein #1 in a heartbeat, it’s just not worth the effort to me. I’ve collected for over 20 years though, so I’m certainly not a novice, and these books are legit. Everything here was purchased at least ten years ago.

I purchased this in the late 80s/early 90s as NM:

Tales of Suspense #52 – 8.5/9.0

About 15 years ago my local comic store used to let me go down to the basement where he had, what I believe, were unread copies of these 70s Marvel gems – they appear unopened – and I bought them during a 70s phase I went through and never even read them myself, I just stored them away. A few years ago, I made the mistake of putting a few others from 'the basement' on eBay without pictures and the guy who bought them sent me an e-mail freaked out by how nice the books were that I sent him(I remember a 'Tales of Forbidden Love' in there and a few other horror books) - these are what's left:

Monster of Frankenstein #1 – 9.4

Machine Man #1 – 9.4

2001 #8 (1st Machine Man) – 9.4

Skull The Slayer #1 – 9.4

Worlds Unknown #1 – 9.4

Amazing Adventures #18 (1st Killraven) – 9.4

Supernatural Thrillers #1 (IT!) – 9.4

Supernatural Thrillers #5 (1st Living Mummy) – 9.4

Supernatural Thrillers #7 (Living Mummy) – 9.4

Creatures on the Loose #30 (1st Man-Wolf) – 9.4

These are random books from my collection that were purchased along the way:

Marvel Premier #39 (Torpedo) - 6.0

Weird Western Tales #39 (1st Scalphunter) – 9.4

Weird Worlds #1 - 6.0

Jonah Hex #1 (Vertigo LS ’93) – 9.4

These are all modern gems from my personal collection. I was a very anal grader:

Magnus Robot Fighter #12 – 9.6

Youngblood #2 x2 – 9.6

New Mutants #87 – 9.4

New Mutants #100 – 9.6

Uncensored Mouse #1 – 9.2 (Eternity Comics out-of-print Floyd Gottfriedson Mickey Mouse dailies)

Uncensored Mouse #2 – 9.2

Mage #6 (1st color Grendel) – 9.6

Omega Men #3 (1st Lobo) – 9.6

If only it weren't so close to xmas, I'd be interested in 8 of 10 in that first group. But, there is an edict sent down from the woman that I am to not purchase any books for fear they might be purchased for me by Santa. =(

This is a revised list - I have to say that it has been a PLEASURE doing business with everyone thus far!

Tales of Suspense #52 – *SOLD*

About 15 years ago my local comic store used to let me go down to the basement where he had, what I believe, were unread copies of these 70s Marvel gems – they appear unopened – and I bought them during a 70s phase I went through and never even read them myself, I just stored them away. A few years ago, I made the mistake of putting a few others from 'the basement' on eBay without pictures and the guy who bought them sent me an e-mail freaked out by how nice the books were that I sent him(I remember a 'Tales of Forbidden Love' in there and a few other horror books) - these are what's left:

Monster of Frankenstein #1 – 9.4

Machine Man #1 – 9.4

Worlds Unknown #1 – 9.4

Amazing Adventures #18 (1st Killraven) – 9.4

Supernatural Thrillers #5 (1st Living Mummy) – 9.4

Creatures on the Loose #30 (1st Man-Wolf) – 9.4

Weird Western Tales #39 (1st Scalphunter) – *SOLD*

Weird Worlds #1 - 6.0

These are all modern gems from my personal collection. I was a very anal grader:

Youngblood #2 x2 – 9.6

New Mutants #87 – 9.4

New Mutants #100 – 9.6

Uncensored Mouse #1 – 9.2 (Eternity Comics out-of-print Floyd Gottfriedson Mickey Mouse dailies)

Mage #6 (1st color Grendel) – *SOLD*

Several more will be *SOLD* by tomorrow so act now - HAPPY to send Hi-Res scans and answer ANY questions.

Thanks again!

This is a NEW revised list - I have to say that it has been a PLEASURE doing business with everyone thus far!

Tales of Suspense #52 – *SOLD*

Monster of Frankenstein #1 – *SOLD*

Machine Man #1 – 9.4

Worlds Unknown #1 – 9.4

Amazing Adventures #18 (1st Killraven) – *SOLD*

Supernatural Thrillers #5 (1st Living Mummy) – *SOLD*

Creatures on the Loose #30 (1st Man-Wolf) – *SOLD*

Weird Western Tales #39 (1st Scalphunter) – *SOLD*

Weird Worlds #1 - 6.0

Youngblood #2 x2 – 9.6

New Mutants #87 – 9.4

New Mutants #100 – 9.6

Mage #6 (1st color Grendel) – *SOLD*

HAPPY to send Hi-Res scans and answer ANY questions.

Thanks again!

This is a NEW revised list - Many have *SOLD* - but everything on this list is STILL AVAILABLE. I have to say that it has been a PLEASURE doing business with everyone thus far!

Machine Man #1 – 9.4

Worlds Unknown #1 – 9.4

Weird Worlds #1 - 6.0

Youngblood #2 x2 – 9.6

New Mutants #87 – 9.4

New Mutants #100 – 9.6

HAPPY to send Hi-Res scans and answer ANY questions.

Thanks again!