• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have an old test print of a comic called "Thicker than Brick" issue #1 MAY '96 by Rage Comics Created by R.A. Jones and Michael Vance and illustrated by Chris Meeks.
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have an old test print of "Thicker than Brick" published by Rage comics that i would like someone to help me attempt to find out if there is any possible worth to it.  I cannot find anything around the internet about it or their publishing company, but I do know the two creators and have messaged Mr. Meeks about it.  I knew that Mr. Meeks had worked on illustration for the garbage pail kids cards.  I would just like to know if there is any kind of profit i can make off of this test comic.

On 11/30/2023 at 8:50 PM, el3ktris said:

I have an old test print of "Thicker than Brick" published by Rage comics that i would like someone to help me attempt to find out if there is any possible worth to it.  I cannot find anything around the internet about it or their publishing company, but I do know the two creators and have messaged Mr. Meeks about it.  I knew that Mr. Meeks had worked on illustration for the garbage pail kids cards.  I would just like to know if there is any kind of profit i can make off of this test comic.

I would guess that it would depend on what you consider "profit".

I have never heard of this book and doing a poorly worded google search did not return any results on the first page. Do you have pictures of the book and indicia? How do you know it is a "test print"?

For reference Rage Comics was an independent publisher in the mid-to-late 90's the only book I remember from them was Blood Tide (picture from ebay)

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.a0f788ae8838ad4eb4d660f3b0269e4e.jpg

I dont have a picture but the cover is exactly the same other than the blood tide logo there is the blue border on mine that shows the rest of the cover illustration where the one in your picture has a black border mine is also signed by the creators.

On 12/1/2023 at 5:28 AM, el3ktris said:

The only reference i have for how the cover looks is the like this, where the light blue/green bok, issue# and pg.# is what it looks like on the cover

image.thumb.jpeg.11bf13897ae6d808b9d084159236da63.jpeg

This sound more like a variant; like the back to the future original art sketch cover (which would have been marketed as an ashcan in the 90's).

image.png.d27d671e344e2f95a27f241b579dcfb5.png

what makes you believe that the comic you have is a "test print"?

An ashcan from an obscure company with relatively unknown creators, that never went anywhere would have limited value and demand. It's safe to assume the majority of collectors don't know it exists, and have little reason to want one.