• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing Screening/Reholder
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I have a Vancouver pedigree book in an old slab that I’d like to submit for evaluation to be pressed or not. 

If pressed, then on to grading and put in new slab—no worries there. 

Question: If not a candidate for pressing, I’d still like it to be reholdered and have the new nifty pedigree label. How do I have the pressing people send it to reholdering directly (instead of mailing back to me)?

• Administrator

Hello @Steppenwolfscomics,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In this case, you should choose screening service along with pressing and grading. If CGC believes that Pressing would not benefit the comic, you will pay only the Screening fee. If CGC-certified books submitted for Screening are rejected, CGC will return the book in the CGC holder. The screening fee is 1% of Fair Market Value ($15 min.) The 1% screening fee will be waived if pressing service is performed. If no service is deemed suitable for the comic, the maximum fee charged will be $50. If pressing service is deemed suitable but you decide not to have the work done, the full screening fee will be charged.

Please keep in mind that screening service has a turnaround time of 30 business days in addition to the pressing and grading turnaround time estimate. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

• Administrator

Hello @Steppenwolfscomics

My apologies, let me clarify. Generally, with screening, a CGC-graded book will be removed the book from the holder to evaluate it and then placed in a new holder if the book is rejected. If you are concerned that the condition of the book will result in rejection even without removal from the holder, simply include a note on your packing slip indicating that you would like a new holder regardless of the screening outcome. 

If we can help with anything else, let us know.