• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cherry Picking

40 posts in this topic

And I dont mean the fruit poke2.gif

I love when I get a call from my LCS cloud9.gif and I get a chance to go through a recent collection.

I bought about 300+ common BA books from him, avg cost ended up being about $3.00 each.

I figured Id share a few (I dont want to bore anyone)of those books that were slabbed.

spid144.jpg

ff155.jpg

spidey298.jpg

house1.jpg

hour51.jpg

I'll give you $6 for the FF 155!

I suppose if I dropped that kind of money at my LCS, I'd be getting calls to.

As it stands, all I get is the "Aren't you ever going to buy anything?" and "Do you really collect comics?" kind of questions.

nikos everyone of those was fabulous. Seeing that FF again brings back memories.

The silver surfer on that cover has always been a great little drawing.

One of our surfer posters should use it for an avatar. thumbsup2.gif

nikos everyone of those was fabulous. Seeing that FF again brings back memories.

confused.gif

confused.gif
Speaking of which, I made that avatar for you back before Halloween, and you're still running around with it.

What's the deal? confused-smiley-013.gif

How does opne get to look through collections at their LCS? Seems an impossibility to me.

Spend a lot of money, sell some of their stuff on eBay, and be friendly.

Talk to the owner, let him know what you like, and when a collection does come in and he calls you, buy some stuff. Thats how i do it at my LCS, but he doesnt get in the stuff like Nikos' does though!