• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to spot an ebay scammer ?
3 3

27 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2023 at 11:45 AM, stormflora said:

They do? I swear I've never seen them before in my entire life. Must be a downtown-only thing.

If you google "Regional police exchange zone" you'll see that almost every police department in Ontario has a special area dedicated for this.

On 12/12/2023 at 1:34 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:

If you google "Regional police exchange zone" you'll see that almost every police department in Ontario has a special area dedicated for this.

Wow, I guess I just don't visit police stations enough. Never really had a reason to. But certainly good to know, thanks.

On 1/23/2024 at 3:06 PM, Tom789 said:

Um, how many warning signs do you want listed, lol?

Ok, my reply was a bit flippant, and since this is the newbie section, here are the warning signs I found:

1. Zero feedback seller.

2. One poor picture of a very expensive item.

3. Seller says it is a graded CGC comic, but no slab is evident in the picture.

4. Seller provides a CGC cert number, which is indeed an AF 15, but the books don't match.

5. Seller's book has "NOT FOR RESALE" and "SPIDER-MAN COLLECTIBLE SERIES VOLUME 1" on the front cover, which is not on the original.