• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst Sidekick of all time
4 4

69 posts in this topic

I’ve got to keep coming back to Robin as the grand-daddy of this ridiculous, tedious concept. Really, is there a worse sidekick among Robin or Bucky or Sandy or Snapper Carr or Rick Jones? The best “sidekicks” are the strongest supporting characters, such as Jimmy Olsen or Rhodey or Rick Jones as elevated by Peter David. So I’ve got to go with Robin for his widespread influence in his field of sidekickery. He’s the Beatles of the concept — you don’t have to like him (or them) but you’ve got to admit he/they had a lot of influence.

On 12/4/2023 at 12:43 PM, grendel013 said:

As a child (and even now as a man-child) this made me so mad. Even then I realized they swapped out Torch for Herbie because of the fear of kids dousing themselves in gasoline and flaming on but COME ON. All this did was make me wanna douse the TV executives in gasoline and light them on fire. FLAME ON!:banana:

Fast forward to today and yeah, there probably are a few discomboobles out there that WOULD douse themselves in gasoline and flame on - see "Tide Pod Challenge" In fact, I guarantee that the folks at the MCU have thought about this while prepping the new FF movie.

NOTE: When the 1st FF movie came out it in 2005 it wasn't a concern yet. The internet and social media hadn't catapulted some kids and teens towards (and into) the levels of stupidity and sheer ignoramusness that we're seeing now. They'll do anything for a click. Sheep and other farm animals are in far bigger danger than ever with the Rise of the Influencer. Damn, that sounds like a great super-villain.

Edited by Kramerica