• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resubmitting SS book for additional signature: does existing sig go on the order?

3 posts in this topic

I have a signed book I'm planning on having cracked, signed and resubmitted by a verified facilitator - when I'm submitting the order form, do I add the existing signature as well, or only the new, additional signature?

(I ask mostly because I've done this once already; only added the new signature to the order form, and the label came back with only the new signature listed : /  - that book has already been returned as a Mechanical Error)

Edited by dbcn

• Administrator

Hello @dbcn

Thank you for contacting us. The book's existing certification number is the key to ensuring that your book retains any pre-existing signature information. If you are submitting a Signature Series certified book, when completing the online submission form, be sure to select the option for "resubmitting." You will enter the book's certification number and this will tie the existing certification, and any previously certified signature, to your submission. See the image for reference. 

image.png

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Thanks @NickiO CS - that's what I would have thought as well & suspect that the book I submitted with an existing signature, which did not get retained on the label after resubmitting for the 2nd signature was simply a Mechanical Error. 

For clarity: any signature that currently exists on a book resubmitted for an additional signature, only needs to have the additional signature added during the order submission process, and the existing signature will also be preserved on the label.

Thx!