• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SILVER AGE MARVEL ART
3 3

9 posts in this topic

Some art for sale.  My internet will be down today for awhile, so I may be late in responding or listing more pages.

Usual rules.  Thx for looking.  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and are looking forward to the coming Holydays.

Edited by Unca Ben
spelling

Tales to Astonish #87 pg. 2 – Bill Everett on pencils and inks.

Twice-up 1966 Silver Age Art from Bill Evertett’s triumphant return as penciller to his Golden-Age creation at Marvel. 

Image size 12.5" x 18.5" featuring the Sub-Mariner, the Lady Dorma and the Warlord Krang.

This is a really nice twice-up Sub-Mariner battle page featuring a very nice portrait panel shot of the Lady Dorma in panel 2 and the Sub-Mariner being ambushed and wounded by the U.S. Army.

This page is all Everett and is the first Silver-age Namor story that he penciled and inked; other artists chipped in and helped pencil and ink some of the later story pages but the first 5 pages are all Everett. (per Nick Caputo and GCD). 
It sure looks like all Everett to me, especially the Lady Dorma panel and the middle panel with the U. S. Army.  It seems that Bill loved drawing explosions.

Page is lightly toned and in great condition.  There is white-out on the cheeks of Lady Dorma for an art correction in panel two, also the middle panel 3 on a cannon barrel, and white-out text and word balloon edits in panels 2, 4, and 5.  Bottom right corner margin clipped.  Bill Everett story notes and Stan Lee edit notes in the margins.

$7,975 SHIPPED FedEx Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will safely ship reinforced with a piece of Masonite backing inside a sturdy FedEx artwork mailer.

If you’re looking for an all-Everett Subby page with a nice Lady Dorma portrait for well under 5 figures, this could be it.  :banana:

A NICE EXAMPLE OF TWICE-UP MARVEL SILVER AGE ART FROM MARVEL’S EARLY YEARS FEATURING SUBBY,  HIS LOVE THE LADY DORMA AND THE U. S. ARMY, WITH THE VILLANOUS WARLORD KRANG THROWN IN THE MIX.

Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as there will be additional shipping fees and art will ship FedEx International. 

Personal check, Cashier's check, MO, wire or bank transfers are welcome and preferred.
PayPal is okay, no friends & family to circumvent fees.
I will not sell to any Hall of Shamers or anyone on the Probation list.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!  :D

tta87subbypg2c.thumb.jpg.01a510e344d5bf88966b10b22bbbe1cc.jpg

So stuff comes up.  A leak in the attic above my garage.  More upgrading around the house (new door hinges, replace weather stripping, etc.).  The Day of the Long Nap.
It couldn't be helped.  It's not my fault.  It's all I got.

So here's one more.   Thanks for looking.  Happy Holy days, everybody.

Tales of Suspense #75 pg. 8 – Jack Kirby, Dick Ayers and John Tartaglione.  Kirby layouts, Dick Ayers pencils, J. Tartaglione inks. Twice-up 1965 Silver Age Art Page from the issue featuring the first appearances of Sharon Carter (Agent 13) and Batroc the Leaper and a panel depicting the first meeting of Cap and Batroc.

Image size is 12.5" x 18.5".

Note the Hulk-sized thighs on Batroc in panel 4; Jack certainly wanted to stress “the Leaper” physique as Batroc being a master of “La Savatte – boxing with the feet”.
That’s Kirby for you.

Page is white and in great condition. 
There is white-out for lettering corrections in panel 1(the letter ‘A’) and panel 6, white-out for art corrections in panel 4 (Batroc’s chest and Agent 13’s left hand and back of head, and the object (a purse?) in the lower left corner of the panel.  Whiteout in panel 6.  - Batroc's mid-section.
There is a small piece of scotch tape on the top margin, and two pieces on each lower left and right margin.  Does not affect the artwork.  I just noticed a very minor tape pull in the caption box of panel 2.  I never noticed that before.  The usual margin notes from Kirby, Lee, etc.
See scan.  please feel free to ask if you want more detailed pics.

The large middle panel is awesome, depicting the very first time Captain America and Batroc the Leaper meet.  Batroc would become a regular antagonist for Cap and other Marvel heroes.

A NICE EXAMPLE OF TWICE-UP MARVEL SILVER AGE ART FROM MARVEL’S EARLY YEARS, with a couple first appearances in the story.

Once again, another page from this story sold on Heritage earlier this year for over 21K and this is a bit nicer page.  (That large middle tier panel).

sold FedEx Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will safely ship reinforced with a piece of Masonite backing inside a FedEx artwork mailer.

Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as there will be additional shipping fees and art will ship FedEx International. 

Personal check, Cashier's check, MO, wire or bank transfers are welcome and preferred.
PayPal is okay, no friends & family to circumvent fees.
I will not sell to any Hall of Shamers or anyone on the Probation list.

Buy it, make an offer via PM, or  :takeit: seals the deal and trumps ongoing PM's.  Payment due within 7 days unless other arrangements have been made.
Thanks for looking!
  :D

tos75pg7cap1.thumb.jpg.494376da5607346cf1d9fdef2c68202c.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben