• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's compare
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I finally have my first 6 magazines being shipped back. I am very curious to see what I receive back. I will compare my images of each magazine. As I check out the photos that I took of my submissions and compare them to the grader's notes, I'm at a loss for what the graders eyes pick up that my camera could not. That being said, It would be a great service for CGCs customers if in the grading numbers explanation there were examples photographs for the grades. Without examples the words mean nothing. And transparency is good for both sides. Like I said before in an earlier post , I would freelance for CGC fixing all the wrongs.

The best grade I received is a 9.0  but what does a 9.0 look like. What are handling and or manufacturing error what do they look like.  Thank you Alan Thomas

• Administrator

Hello @Alan Thomas

Thank you for the suggestion. We appreciate the feedback and I will be sure to share it with our management and grading teams. 

Please keep in mind that some defects are very difficult to see once a book is in its holder. While grader notes are not always available, all books are evaluated by more than one grader so that the grade is the result of a consensus with the goal of providing a final grade that is consistent with CGC grading standards. 

If you are interested, the CGC Guide to Grading Comics is a great source of information on how different defects may affect a book's grade: The Official CGC Guide to Grading Comics - 1st Edition - HARDCOVER – CCG Store (collectiblesgroup.com)

If you have any other questions, please let us know.