• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I Get A "Amen"

36 posts in this topic

I'd never give a 9.6 on a book with that sort of miswrap. I don't mind white on the spine but I like it even. Don't know what CGC would say, but a 9.4 tops to me. Also, is that a crease by Reed's head? Still a very nice book - beats mine!

Bingo, misrap. Does it every time. grin.gif

9.0 and Nik, there are cheap bastards here, eh? yay.gif

Man, Now YOU are Grading Bastiche! The nicks are super, superficial. The miswrap is what kills it for me. A misrap totally excludes a book from 9.4 up. But that is THIS GRADING BASTICHES opinion. Take it what you will.

I enjoy it, I especially enjoyed it on the grades given to those 2 Hulk 181s I posted Raw a while ago, and then the actual grades given by CGCyay.gif

You should have posted that one post dry-cleaning. sumo.giftongue.gif

Actually, a little dirt should enhance your ability to grade . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I enjoy it, I especially enjoyed it on the grades given to those 2 Hulk 181s I posted Raw a while ago, and then the actual grades given by CGCyay.gif

You should have posted that one post dry-cleaning. sumo.giftongue.gif

Actually, a little dirt should enhance your ability to grade . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree, but I didn't grade the book in question. The dirt seemed to throw off other people's guesses.

What are you seeing that I'm not? Not to single you out, but every time someone on here gives a harsh grade and I call them on it, they never bother to come back and say why they slammed it. I am curious to hear some explanations.

Easy 9.4 (pending a back cover scan and how many stresses, if any, are on the spine in the white)

2 staple stresses and the upper one is worse than the lower one, and the rounding of the lower right corner and the light scuffling of the lower left corner.

Why should u care that I grade the book harshly? Nikos really only cares about the CGC grade and I recommend that he send this book in.

I'm notoriously a tough grader. Just ask David. insane.gif

BTW, I don't remember you questioning my grades before. confused-smiley-013.gif

Why should u care that I grade the book harshly? Nikos really only cares about the CGC grade and I recommend that he send this book in.

Sorry if it came off harsh, I am just honestly curious how other people think and grade. I am not saying you are wrong, I just wanted to know the rationale behind your number, which you just provided. Thanks. thumbsup2.gif

I personally think it is 9.4, but who knows with CGC. Anywhere from 9.2 to 9.6.

I agree - it all depends on how one views the defect on the Thing's shoulder. The corners and spine are definitely 9.6 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(of couse there is that HUGE stain on the BC! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif)

What are you seeing that I'm not? Not to single you out, but every time someone on here gives a harsh grade and I call them on it, they never bother to come back and say why they slammed it. I am curious to hear some explanations.

Easy 9.4 (pending a back cover scan and how many stresses, if any, are on the spine in the white)

2 staple stresses and the upper one is worse than the lower one, and the rounding of the lower right corner and the light scuffling of the lower left corner.

You my friend are the man, for nailing this one on the nose flowerred.gif