• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

December 16 2023 Boston Tea Party 250th Anniversary

9 posts in this topic

It a complete non-story here just outside of Boston. lol it wasn't even on the news this moring and I had no idea it was the 250th until I was today years old. 

On 12/16/2023 at 1:34 PM, universal soldier said:

It a complete non-story here just outside of Boston. lol it wasn't even on the news this moring and I had no idea it was the 250th until I was today years old. 

I've actually seen it on the local news several times the last few days, there's going to be a reenactment today. When I did a Google search, pretty much all of the local news outlets came up along with some national news stories.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

On 12/16/2023 at 12:50 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I heard a radio "news" story the other day in which this event was described as a "protest against British oppression." That earned a derisive bark of laughter.

Asking this goes against my better judgement, but it what was it if not a protest against British oppression?

On 12/16/2023 at 1:57 PM, Pontoon said:

I've actually seen it on the local news several times the last few days, there's going to be a reenactment today. When I did a Google search, pretty much all of the local news outlets came up along with some national news stories.

I'm usually half asleep while I'm watching in the AM so I likley missed it as it was likley more of a footnote. The past couple days the news stories were all about the services for the policeman and the national grid worker that got hit during the detail in Waltham it seemed.

On 12/16/2023 at 3:26 PM, universal soldier said:

I'm usually half asleep while I'm watching in the AM so I likley missed it as it was likley more of a footnote. The past couple days the news stories were all about the services for the policeman and the national grid worker that got hit during the detail in Waltham it seemed.

Yup. It was one of the top stories for days in a row, heavily covered. The Tea Party story was more towards the end of the broadcasts I saw.