• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think this Incredible Hulk #181 deserves a second opinion . . .

68 posts in this topic

9.0. Just too many spine nicks to do better. I don't think CGC would subtract for the arrival date, but it is an obtrusive one that reduces eye appeal somewhat.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif . . . Thanks! gossip.gif it's got white pages!

Too bad about the stamp though...

hulk181nostamp.jpg

Hey Divad Eddly made a funny. The Hulks R Us 180 with that wonderfully distinct arrival date has a very nice intact stamp. sumo.gif

Isn't this an example of wanting to share your mistakes to the world Eddly...wasn't that you with the scissors back in 1975? Aren't you feeling a little small about having cut out your stamp? poke2.gif

By the way, I cut out almost every stampe from my books back then also.....I still have them if you need one to fill in your book. Ask Divad what the stamp really looks like, or I can in my personal copy....with the stamp. angel.gif

if you collected them all, what did you get? anything?

Pretty well.

IF you cut them all out, and IF you sent away from the book and stuck them all in, and IF you lived in certain major cities with Comic Cons, and IF you went, I think you got free admission.

I never got that far. I cut them out because I wanted to. I never got the book to put them in, and at teh time never knew really what they were for.

Luckily I learned the error of my ways....and now my copies have the little stampy things in them.

Pretty well.

IF you cut them all out, and IF you sent away from the book and stuck them all in, and IF you lived in certain major cities with Comic Cons, and IF you went, I think you got free admission.

Wow, free admission is great! That is much better than not cutting it out.

Pretty well.

Wow, free admission is great! That is much better than not cutting it out.

oooh ahhhh. Free admission. sign-funnypost.gif

Pretty well.

Uh, no . . . you didn't get squat - no free admission, no nada, no squat. sumo.gif There were just extra squares on the back that you could get validated if you went to a con - sheesh!

9.0. Just too many spine nicks to do better. I don't think CGC would subtract for the arrival date, but it is an obtrusive one that reduces eye appeal somewhat.

i'm with Bob on this one...........9.0, and solely due to the half dozen minor spine nics...............and, it's a marvel................... grin.gif

i'm with Bob on this one...........9.0, and solely due to the half dozen minor spine nics...............and, it's a marvel................... grin.gif

Looks nicer than my 9.2 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But not as nice as my 9.6 tomato boxer! 27_laughing.gif