• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kochanek, MD, Patrick

33 posts in this topic

Sotheby's, Christies, Jim D'amico, Joe Maddelena to name a few. All it takes is patience... plus he's been around a while. thumbsup2.gif

Patience? Actually, I think all it takes is money! Throw it around in large quantities and with reckless abandon and the good art will find you if you don't find it first. The last time I checked, Heritage, Profiles, and the other purveyors of quality comic book artwork all took cash as payment. Sure, some pieces are legitimately "not for sale at any price", but a lot of what's nominally called "not for sale" or "trade only" can be pried loose with the requisite amount of greenbacks or with the trade bait you can buy with $$$. Most collectors and dealers will admit (at least in private) that the law of "money makes the world go around" has not been repealed in the comic art world!

1024275-BagsOfMoney.jpg

Great gallery that guy has, BTW...thanks to whoever found it and posted it.

1024275-BagsOfMoney.jpg.acfc647f4a88c6f3ed5b6bee24811abc.jpg

Thats not even particularly clever,..so I wouldnt go back-slapping his gay yet. Moreover,...a little good-will and cheer during this Holiday season would be more in the spirit of peace. To all my homies,....Happy Holidays.

winter_03.jpg

Well, yes, I guess I should have said 'some' of what it takes.... crazy money will pry most things loose... but, do you really want to pay 2 to 3 to 4 times what something is 'worth'.?

Sotheby's, Christies, Jim D'amico, Joe Maddelena to name a few. All it takes is patience... plus he's been around a while. thumbsup2.gif

Patience? Actually, I think all it takes is money! Throw it around in large quantities and with reckless abandon and the good art will find you if you don't find it first. The last time I checked, Heritage, Profiles, and the other purveyors of quality comic book artwork all took cash as payment. Sure, some pieces are legitimately "not for sale at any price", but a lot of what's nominally called "not for sale" or "trade only" can be pried loose with the requisite amount of greenbacks or with the trade bait you can buy with $$$. Most collectors and dealers will admit (at least in private) that the law of "money makes the world go around" has not been repealed in the comic art world!

1024275-BagsOfMoney.jpg

Great gallery that guy has, BTW...thanks to whoever found it and posted it.

Well, yes, I guess I should have said 'some' of what it takes.... crazy money will pry most things loose... but, do you really want to pay 2 to 3 to 4 times what something is 'worth'.?

So are you and Gene saying that Kochanek has a reputation of overpaying for his pieces? Regardless, I have to say his gallery is phenomenal. The man has great taste in Kubert pieces.

So are you and Gene saying that Kochanek has a reputation of overpaying for his pieces? Regardless, I have to say his gallery is phenomenal. The man has great taste in Kubert pieces.

No, you have to read my original post. He bought these items from auction houses, dealers, and I'm sure collectors. He has been around for years and I'm sure has gotten many good deals using patience and time. He did not get them by being part of some old boys network. Please read the whole thread before saying stupid things, thank you, Dan makepoint.gif