• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAD Magazine #209, Sept. 1979
2 2

3 posts in this topic

Here's another MAD, with a different problem.  Aside from what you see in the scans, and the fact there are a couple 'water drop' moisture spots on the top of each cover (no staining), this is one of those issues that has the fold-in back cover that vertical left ink-breaking creases inside and out (cover only).  What kind of a grade ding do you experts think a magazine like this would take?  Remember, I'm not submitting to CGC...I don't do that anymore.  I'll be selling off my collection at a later date. :)

Those of you that aren't familiar, a lot of MAD magazines had a goofy fold-in for the back cover so that you could fold it together and see a different image than what is actually shown.  Everyone did the fold-in's...they were usually pretty funny.

Thanks!!!

img20231217_11471056.jpg

img20231217_11475733.jpg

img20231217_11485326.jpg

I had to think hard, but I remembered the kind of fold-in graphics in these (we weren't allowed to have MADs, so...). I would max it out at a CGC 6.0 unless they have a policy where these built-in defect creators on a back cover are looked at differently. Certainly no better than a 6.5