• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dan Green File Copies..
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Thank you Jay! Glad you are enjoying them, and I appreciate the plug for the thread. I’m just trying to get them into the hands of fellow collectors who will appreciate them. As an OA collector, I was more interested in the actual art Dan had, which I bought some of over time, but later in life he needed to sell these and I thought they might be neat to share.

I’m finding some folks are enjoying them as artifacts of the pre-digital production process. I also assume anyone who happens to have OA that matches these might like their page (especially in the case of the copies of uninked pencils that Dan had in some instances — I certainly kept the copy of the uninked John Buscema Kull page that I have.)

On 12/20/2023 at 6:56 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Got something fun in my hands this week that while not original art it is original art adjacent!

@Readcomix was a friend of Dan Green and was able to acquire the photo copies Dan kept of a lot of his work.. some were  copied at 11x17 some by 8x12 … Gene (that Readcomix guy) knowing I’m a huge X-men fan gave me first choice on them … and I picked up some great pieces. I know they are just photo copies … but they were Dan Greens and of pages I’ll probably never own! A buddy of mine compared it to making my own artists edition! Lol 

there is a sales thread in copper comics for sale section   with other ones available .. but these are the ones I grabbed! 

IMG_9537.jpeg

Nice choices overall. I dig them all. And it's a fun thing, that doesn't cost a ton, with some nice history behind it. 

I like this one the best, probably because I know where the original is.... lol 

On 12/22/2023 at 4:06 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

oooo which one?  

I think I only included one pic …I’ll double check