• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The continuity mistakes and the hawkman exemple
1 1

5 posts in this topic

There is a real controversy about hawkworld and hawkman series but arent it just the problem of comics since the beginning of time?

You cannot create a so large universe and hope to get a stable and linear continuity... I think since the comics stopped to make story that you get the full story on 1 book the problem started. But is it a so great problem? Even if things turn weird an doesnt make sense sometimes if the story is good and art beautiful is it a real problem in definitive? I always be the guy who take a random comics and read them so im not really frustrated by this the fact that my heroes have not the same motivation or something else different from a story to an other...

On 12/23/2023 at 10:45 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Hawkworld by Tim Truman was excellent.

That’s enough reason for it.

Not sure to understand you mean that the people are irritate because the mini series was so great and the following serie didnt respected the lore of that one? 

Thank the gods for Geoff Johns. Curse the gods for allowing Jim Starlin to then try and mess it up again. Luckily his attempt didn't take. 

I love the classic Hawkman/Hawkgirl costumes, but each incarnation of the characters gets weaker and weaker.  Intergalactic policemen who fought with ancient earth weapons were bad enough.  A flying guy with a mace didn't add much to a team with Supes, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman around.