• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone every heard of the "Uncle Stan Collection"?

10 posts in this topic

it's true...

Stan Lee had a sister that got married and moved to the UK.When they had a son Stan used to send books and Marvel memorabilia to the boy in the UK during the 60's

Presumably the nephew kept them all and in the end they ended up in the hands of a collector/dealer who started selling them with a 'From the Uncle Stan Collection" certificate

I don't think the collection deserves any special recognition or pedigree, but the "Uncle Stan" books are the real thing.

It's obviously a collection that won't be recognized by CGC, due to the variable grades, but everything in the auction blurb is correct and above board.

As Chrome said, Stan's nephew received regular batches of comics from Marvel for most of his childhood. It has to be said that these books don't really command a premium (especially in light of the more recently discovered "Stan Lee File Copies"). It's just an interesting outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed..

Thanks for replys, What are the Stan Lee file copies? I'm assuming there copies that Stan Lee kept for himself. Are these recognized by CGC? Or are they worth much more? Correcty me if my assumption is wrong. Thanks everybody for Replys!!!!!!!!!

From what I have heard, Stan denied for years that he kept file copies. Then all of a sudden he finds these file copies. I dunno, and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

That's more or less it...up until the Heritage auction where there were a ton of these "File Copies" suddenly available, no-one had ever been aware of Stan's personal set of books, that were allegedly used for reference.

Granted, there's no reason why the condition of the books shouldn't be generally low grade, but the whole thing did seem overhyped and arbitrary to me at the time. And no, I didn't buy any.

What are the Stan Lee file copies?.....are they worth much more?

I bid on and won five STFC books from Heritage. I paid $120 for all five. I then flipped two of them on Ebay for $60 each. Here are the three I still have:

cos17label.jpg

cos17.jpg

voe19label.jpg

voe19.jpg

wmd34label.jpg

wmd34.jpg