• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel mystery comics #88
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone can you spare a grade this book was originally pressed and cleaned by the head of cgc restoration department Chris friesen 26 years ago in 1998 before he went to work for cgc I am interested in sending the book in soon back to him for another pressing and cleaning if he thinks it's possible since technology has come a little further correct me if I'm wrong I thought he would find it interesting if I send this book back to 26 years later  with the original letter that he wrote to the owner of what he done to the book. I do think it's a beautiful copy but I would like other people's opinions 

IMG_20231222_121438551.jpg

IMG_20231222_120509390.jpg

IMG_20231222_120538118.jpg

IMG_20231222_120432899.jpg

IMG_20231222_120402005.jpg

IMG_20231222_120541917.jpg

These pictures aren't great, especially given the level of detail one needs to analyze for a special case like this. I do not really see defects that are candidates for c/p. At most what I notice is some dark spots in "Marvel" & best guess is that's not surface dirt. Some minor tanning on the back cover, nothing to do about that & unlikely to be dinged on a book this old. Another round of c/p work is not without risk. If you're slabbing, I'd go with it as is. This is really a grading forum not a cleaning/pressing discussion (as opposed to Grading & Restoration issues), so it's hit or miss on the expertise. I would only listen to people with a lot of experience handling GA books & I'm not in that group. I see this as at last a 9.0 in GA books unless there's something not visible in these pics.