• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted some advice on a possible purchase
2 2

3 posts in this topic

There's a copy of Something is Killing the Children #1 (the A cover) for sale at my local HPB.  They're asking $500 for it, but there's currently a 20% off sale going on.  It's in a top-loader and it has nice, sharp corners, no color breaks, no spine wear, no folds...looks nice on the outside.  Is this a good price?  I see it for sale in 9.8 on mycomicshop for over $1k.  Do I demand to see the inside of the book before I purchase it?

On 12/27/2023 at 5:04 PM, kmiracleman said:

There's a copy of Something is Killing the Children #1 (the A cover) for sale at my local HPB.  They're asking $500 for it, but there's currently a 20% off sale going on.  It's in a top-loader and it has nice, sharp corners, no color breaks, no spine wear, no folds...looks nice on the outside.  Is this a good price?  I see it for sale in 9.8 on mycomicshop for over $1k.  Do I demand to see the inside of the book before I purchase it?

I would.  I would also look for any ink rubs on the back at the staples.  CGC is apparently giving comics with this defect a pass when it comes to grading…even a 9.8.  I think that’s ridiculous, especially since those rubs look awful.