• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do I pay double shipping
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have a newbie questions, I’ve just submitted 10 comics from Europe to CGC for grading one of which I would like to have graded as well as pressed. If I submit 9 comics for grading & 1 comic for grading + pressing shipping comes out at $180. If I submit 10 comics for grading only shipping is $100. Why does changing one comic from grading to grading + pressing add $80 shipping costs? Did I do it correctly? Comics are all modern 

• Administrator

Hello!

Great question! I am sorry for the confusion this may cause. Any time a submission has multiple different services added to some books those are split up in our service when they are received and then go through the submission process separately. This ensures books are not misplaced while orders are moving through the system and so your books do not miss their requested services. I understand that these multiple shipping fees can get high especially when you have only one other book that will ship from the rest of your submission. I would suggest reaching out to our London Office to try submitting through them directly to save on shipping fees. While this office does have a longer turnaround time generally you can request to have your submissions returned to you together or can even pick them up directly from their offices. Also, as they are in the UK the return shipping fees are different as well. You can contact them from their respective sites using the links below. Let us know if you have any other questions!

London: How to Submit  //  Contact Page