• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Villains from your favorite heroes popping up on random covers you haven't seen before;....
2 2

72 posts in this topic

On 12/30/2023 at 10:44 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I see your inexplicably (but not unexpectedly, given the artist) thin ankle'd Vulture cover Capture.PNG.dd310c0a5c376590d7b74aef7a10172d.PNG and raise you this reprint that some may not have seen before of an original Sandy FF that everyone will likely have seen before:

mgc44.thumb.jpg.141869e8530146257da8af3420cece10.jpg

:)

I tought it was an other sandmanlol

On 12/30/2023 at 7:15 PM, William-James88 said:

These 2 came to mind instantly.  Reason I know them is because I'm a Batman fan and those (along with my Batman B&W tpb) was all I had in my collection for Joe Kubert to sign when I met him.

image.thumb.png.69778e7040f51ed3a0506cef85fe4627.png

image.png.412678892e8f6feea9bf0402fbf24950.png

I love the 40-cent DCs. Looking back, they're a low point in DC history (17 skimpy pages each, most of the really good creators had fled to Marvel), but they're right when I started reading and buying as a kid and some of the covers still fascinate. If I had the room (note to self, I don't!) I'd collect a big bunch of them.

On 12/31/2023 at 9:37 AM, Point Five said:

I love the 40-cent DCs. Looking back, they're a low point in DC history (17 skimpy pages each, most of the really good creators had fled to Marvel), but they're right when I started reading and buying as a kid and some of the covers still fascinate. If I had the room (note to self, I don't!) I'd collect a big bunch of them.

Marvel was only 17 pages as well during the 40 Cent era :)  But they had  Perez, Byrne, Cockrum, Miller, Golden, Romita Jr., Layton, John Buscema, Sal Buscema, Austin  in their stable during that same time.