• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions Apr 4-7 2024
5 5

361 posts in this topic

There are some many of the same type of pieces it seems like an individual’s collection, I was half expecting to see a “from the collection of” attributation on these.

The conventional logic says these should be spread across multiple auctions… or maybe it is, and these are just part of the collection?!?

Edited by gumbydarnit

On 1/16/2024 at 9:39 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

How much do you think the Omega Men #1 cover goes for?

Less than #3 would. 

On 1/16/2024 at 9:30 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

Oh yeah. If there was ever a Bolland piece, inked by someone other than himself, that would go for a massive premium we're looking at it. 

Edited by comix4fun

On 1/16/2024 at 10:54 AM, comix4fun said:

Oh yeah. If there was every a Bolland piece, inked by someone other than himself, that would go for a massive premium we're looking at it. 

Great looking page yes.    I am not too familiar with Camelot 3000 although I like the covers.    What is your guess on price for this splash?

On 1/17/2024 at 10:09 AM, Bronty said:

Great looking page yes.    I am not too familiar with Camelot 3000 although I like the covers.    What is your guess on price for this splash?

You didn't ask me, but I'd say about $5k-$7K. Interior pages are going for about $2K-$3k. Sometimes less. It's the title splash from issue 1. But it's Patterson inks. If it hits 5 figures, it's because it's the #1 Title splash (and a very nice example from the series by Bolland), but I don't think it has any spillover effect onto other pages. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

On 1/17/2024 at 10:13 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

You didn't ask me, but I'd say about $5k-$7K. Interior pages are going for about $2K-$3k. Sometimes less. It's the title splash from issue 1. But it's Patterson inks. If it hits 5 figures, it's because it's the #1 Title splash (and a very nice example from the series by Bolland), but I don't think it has any spillover effect onto other pages. 

Thanks!   You clearly know the market better than I do, but I'll guess it does better than that due to the issue 1 page 1 effect as you said.   

It will be fun to see where that one falls out.

On 1/17/2024 at 9:09 AM, Bronty said:

The covers are great, and those are all Bolland pencil and ink work. So, the covers stand apart for valuation purposes from the interiors, all inked by others, and less of the normal logic and reasoning we use to compare panel page, to splash, to cover, exists in this case. 

Good pages are $2k-3500. Great panel pages have hit $5k. I would expect this to easily hit a multiple of those numbers. It's got all the characters you want, it's laid out like a cover and even if it's $10k-20k it's a fraction of what a comparable cover from the run would cost you today. 

Edited by comix4fun

On 1/17/2024 at 12:06 PM, comix4fun said:

The covers are great, and those are all Bolland pencil and ink work. So, the covers stand apart for valuation purposes from the interiors, all inked by others, and less of the normal logic and reasoning we use to compare panel page, to splash, to cover, exists in this case. 

Good pages are $2k-3500. Great panel pages have hit $5k. I would expect this to easily hit a multiple of those numbers. It's got all the characters you want, it's laid out like a cover and even if it's $10k-20k it's a fraction of what a comparable cover from the run would cost you today. 

I think it hits $20k.