• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mister Miracle #1
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi all. Any advice on where this would be graded.  The only thing I can see when I look at it is slight creasing on the cover near the staples.  Thoughts are welcome.  I was going to sell this raw, but wondering if it should be graded.  Thanks in advance.  

20240101_143904.jpg

20240101_143910.jpg

20240101_143928.jpg

20240101_143957.jpg

The light give the appearance of a stacking bend or similar parallel to the spine. Looks pressable. 8ish as is, low 9s pressed. The CW is that grading fees can't be recouped easily unless you end up with a 9.8 or 9.6. A raw advertised 9.0/9.2 sold on ebay in Nov for $130, it does not look NM. I'd guestimate a raw in this condition would sell for $150-200. A CGC 9.0/9.2 goes for around $300 right now. Grading/shipping/pressing is going to be in the vicinity of $100 for a Vintage book. Could be a modest profit for grading, might break even, and it's going to take 30-60 days from the time you post it to CGC to get it back (if their turnaround time is accurate). 

:takeit:

Hard to see in these pics, but looks like there might be dents/chips along front top, almost definitely at back top, and edge wrinkle at front right. If I am seeing those correctly, I would put this around 8.0 as-is. Clean and press can't undo all of those things, but maybe gets it to 9.2.

On 1/2/2024 at 10:36 AM, scburdet said:

The light give the appearance of a stacking bend or similar parallel to the spine. Looks pressable. 8ish as is, low 9s pressed. The CW is that grading fees can't be recouped easily unless you end up with a 9.8 or 9.6. A raw advertised 9.0/9.2 sold on ebay in Nov for $130, it does not look NM. I'd guestimate a raw in this condition would sell for $150-200. A CGC 9.0/9.2 goes for around $300 right now. Grading/shipping/pressing is going to be in the vicinity of $100 for a Vintage book. Could be a modest profit for grading, might break even, and it's going to take 30-60 days from the time you post it to CGC to get it back (if their turnaround time is accurate). 

:takeit:

Thank you so much!!  This was so helpful to me.   I just sent you a PM.

On 1/2/2024 at 12:06 PM, bronzemarvel said:

Hard to see in these pics, but looks like there might be dents/chips along front top, almost definitely at back top, and edge wrinkle at front right. If I am seeing those correctly, I would put this around 8.0 as-is. Clean and press can't undo all of those things, but maybe gets it to 9.2.

Thank you so much for the insight.  I really don't have the eyes for this business especially when things are in higher grade.  (I have a lot of low grade stuff and it's easy to describe obvious discoloration, stains, tears, color breaks).