• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Mezco Toys: Batman Gotham by Gaslight

4 posts in this topic

Maybe someone could help me with this? If not it's a tale of buyer beware.:preach:

I stupidly placed a pre order on the Mezco website for the Batman Collective Gotham by Gaslight way back in May 2021. Paid my $28.75 with the expectation that the figure would ship Jan - March 2022. That specific time frame was printed on the receipt as the ship by date. Fast Forward to October 26, 2023 and my account was charged $115.27 by Mezco. Forgot all about this purchase, it was so long ago. I didn't catch the charge on my account until December 6th, 2023 so I immediately called my bank to dispute it. Called Mezco too and they don't answer their 888 phone number on their website. I called today too no answer.

I don't have the item and now I am out $145. The second charge should not have gone through as my card Mezco had on file expired 4/22. Really upset at Mezco and so far, my bank has not been much help. I won't buy a thing from Mezco again. How long is too long to wait for a pre order? It's almost 2 years past their ship by date. 

Edited by mytastebud
clarification

A lot of their stuff got delayed. Who did you preorder him with? I'm guessing it's a One:12 Collective, and unless it's something super deluxe, they average around a hundred bucks US. Obviously more if international shipping is involved. 

Who was the retailer? 

On 1/4/2024 at 2:45 PM, mytastebud said:

Yes One:12 Collective and I ordered directly with Mezco. Almost a three year wait. Its still not in hand. Ridiculous wait time

Yeah, they've had some serious delays with the line. On the plus side, the figure is already selling for a profit, as it's long sold out, so if you no longer want it, you can easily eBay it and make your money back plus. 

I've never ordered from their site, being OS, but the price doesn't sound quite right, so I'd try and get an email address for them about that. Keep in mind they're probably still busy, being so close to New Years and all. The figure cost was $115 I believe, from what I can tell. Please correct me if I've got that wrong. So yeah, it does sound like they didn't take your deposit into account.