• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking of getting my ASM #300 cgc 9.8 re-cased but I have concerns now

5 posts in this topic

I bought this graded book back in 2015.  Cases back then were thinner and flimsier.  I'd prefer it contained in the thicker more secure cases.

Problem is that with so many of that particular book on the counterfeit list, I'm concerned it may get damaged if CGC does extra steps to make sure its the real deal.

Reason it took me so long was because I am waiting for CGC to make an appearance at a comic con closer to where I live (no way I'm mailing it).  I'd feel better handing it to them directly.

The question now is, would I be better off just keeping what I have?

On 1/3/2024 at 5:47 PM, Bigphatpaulie said:

I bought this graded book back in 2015.  Cases back then were thinner and flimsier.  I'd prefer it contained in the thicker more secure cases.

Problem is that with so many of that particular book on the counterfeit list, I'm concerned it may get damaged if CGC does extra steps to make sure its the real deal.

Reason it took me so long was because I am waiting for CGC to make an appearance at a comic con closer to where I live (no way I'm mailing it).  I'd feel better handing it to them directly.

The question now is, would I be better off just keeping what I have?

I have an ASM 300 in an older case. I refuse to submit for reholder as the tabs/reinforcement sleeves that keep the book secure have gone awol by CGC. Books are known to move around with too much play.

On 1/3/2024 at 9:49 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I have an ASM 300 in an older case. I refuse to submit for reholder as the tabs/reinforcement sleeves that keep the book secure have gone awol by CGC. Books are known to move around with too much play.

Indeed! I have seen far too many comics books in the current cases that appear to have done a jig.