• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing/Potentially Stolen High Dollar Books: Aliens #1 CGC 9.8, Maxx 1/2 Blue 9.4 SS, Maxx 1/2 Red 9.6

9 posts in this topic

A client of mine sent these to me for consignment on August 17, 2023. They were shipped from Canada to my address in California. They made it to LAX, then went into US customs...and disappeared. No amount of pressure, either on Canada Post, or the USPS, has been able to discover what happened to this package.

The frustrating thing is that another shipment, sent several days later, arrived to me just fine, containing the same type of valuable books.

So, please be on the lookout for these books. They're fairly scarce, especially the Maxx #1/2s, which were limited to only 10 copies each. Cert #s are as pictured. 

image.png.f63e7655da18cfd89c518d76b98c2c18.png

image.png.0144591bdce23960a5abd809aebac92a.png

image.png.80a53de1dd33e693bf6d831095ee02a5.png

Here is the tracking information. We suspect that it was stolen by someone in the ICE division at LAX (Los Angeles International Airport.) Please be on the lookout for these books, especially in the Southern California Area.

image.png.7bc0d64643baeffb6349e406fcc10c80.png

image.png.34b21ca6327477afdb56ad3455d98c35.png

A reward will be paid if these books can be recovered.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

On 4/17/2024 at 3:49 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Not yet.

Oh man...well, whomever has them if they try to sell it should be obvious - and if they try to resubmit to CGC, I would think that would be apparent too?  

On 4/18/2024 at 9:45 AM, spreads said:

Oh man...well, whomever has them if they try to sell it should be obvious - and if they try to resubmit to CGC, I would think that would be apparent too?  

I hope so. As you know, it represents a loss of 5 figures. The box went into Customs at LAX...and then disappeared.

On 4/18/2024 at 12:49 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I hope so. As you know, it represents a loss of 5 figures. The box went into Customs at LAX...and then disappeared.

Money aside, these books are about as close to irreplaceable as it gets with only a few copies of each.....I don't even know how this stuff goes stolen.  Does a customs agent open a box and stuff them in their shirt and then quite for the day?  You'd think every package is carefully accounted for?  The Hershey factory probably has better inventory management over their 50 cent chocolate bars....