• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 'I submited an existing SS CGC to be signed, and got back missing signatures’ Mega Thread
1 1

5 posts in this topic

In tribute to @ShaggyB who had the 9.8 to 9.6 mega thread I’ve opened a thread for where CGC have missed the signature of a previous signer when you send in for a new party signature.

This just happened on 3rd Jan 2024. This is Uncanny X-Men 258 missing the Jim Lee signature. Where was the QC?

I’ll post my ASM 300 as well but it’s a headache as being an international CGC member I have to pay for each QC error and also run the risk each time of a grade drop.

X-men 258.jpeg

IMG_8099.jpeg

First photo has the Amazing Spider-Man 300 pre Jim Salicrup signing with John Romita name clearly marked.

Second photo has John Romita’s name deleted and just has the date.  But it has Jim Salicrup’s signature added.

Post Mechanical Error resubmission it now has John Romita’s name reinserted.

Same question as above: Where was the QC?

And same comment as above: It’s a headache as being an international CGC member I have to pay for each QC error and also run the risk each time of a grade drop.

IMG_8249.jpeg

ASM 300.jpeg

IMG_6860.jpeg

I didn't take any pics ( :facepalm: ) but I submitted this JTC signed AFV for a Warwick Davis sig, it came back with the label w/o the copy about the JTC sig, just Warwick Davis. I thought it might have been my fault as I only selected WD on the submission, but confirmed later with CGC that you only need to add the new signature to the submission and that the existing one would be preserved. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5304e4f8353e3f70f05d064438626eef.jpeg

Honestly, I'll happily take the the typo on the label as the ME rather than the damage to the slab (or to the book itself)

Submitted my Bruce Timm SS copy of Batman: Mad Love in for the Paul Dini signing.
I got the book back (with the original label included in the package) without Bruce Timm mentioned on the new label.
CGC Mike messaged me and we handled it quickly.
I then had to wait 40 business days to get my corrected book back.
Only good news was that I had CGC press it and it got the grade bump...

43414703_BatmanAdventures-MadLovesignedbyBruceTimm.jpg.a467a5ef6a0c81b8f643d44404af5a5a.jpg

IMG_7684.thumb.jpg.8319fe0ebdaa3e66e181647b567c0602.jpg

Mad Love.jpg

On 1/5/2024 at 6:18 PM, troydivision1 said:

Submitted my Bruce Timm SS copy of Batman: Mad Love in for the Paul Dini signing.
I got the book back (with the original label included in the package) without Bruce Timm mentioned on the new label.
CGC Mike messaged me and we handled it quickly.
I then had to wait 40 business days to get my corrected book back.
Only good news was that I had CGC press it and it got the grade bump...

43414703_BatmanAdventures-MadLovesignedbyBruceTimm.jpg.a467a5ef6a0c81b8f643d44404af5a5a.jpg

IMG_7684.thumb.jpg.8319fe0ebdaa3e66e181647b567c0602.jpg

Mad Love.jpg

This seems to be a regular issue now. I've had several last year, and just got a book back from a Peter David signing, in which they listed Peter David as the only signing and ignored Greg Land's signature which was already there from a previous signing and grading. So, that's like 3 books in the last year I've had to send back to get redone for this same issue. Crazy thing is that the first time it happened, I got a yellow and green label because there was something written in ink on the cover. The last 3 they didn't even ding me for that, just ignored creators names on the cover that is clearly seen.