• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the best comic book app to use for your collection?

25 posts in this topic

I use CLZ, one of my favourite features is the ability to have multiple collections, so I maintain one for my PC, one to track reading (for that one I add a book as I read it with my rating), and one for books I'm selling, with pricing and other info. I have paid for the Covrprice integration but to be frank I find it practically useless as it vastly overprices many books, while lowballing the value of others. 

Regarding the question of whether it lists any "key" books, I'm not sure any app can do that since there's no way of knowing what will actually be a key in future, as opposed to one of the many many books the big two and others put out monthly that they claim will be a surefire collectors item.

I use CLZ - both the desktop and mobile version.  I don't use the web version.  It's awesome, but the pricing from CovrPrice is wonky.  Pricing was much better when they were hooked up to GoCollect, but then... stuff happened. lol.  If you're mostly using it for accurate pricing, I'd definitely stay away from it for Golden Age comics.  And as someone else stated, CovrPrice uses higher-grade prices sometimes if it can't find a price for your grade.  Which is .... weird.  But the CLZ apps themselves and their support team are awesome.

Planning on moving my collection over to CLZ soon. Not looking forward to going through my collection and adding my 8500 books. I’ve been using comicbookrealm.com and tried exporting my collection from there and importing it to CLZ. It didn’t seem to work as easily as I thought it would and I think I’ll just need to add everything manually. 

On 9/11/2024 at 9:06 PM, AceHazard said:

Planning on moving my collection over to CLZ soon. Not looking forward to going through my collection and adding my 8500 books. I’ve been using comicbookrealm.com and tried exporting my collection from there and importing it to CLZ. It didn’t seem to work as easily as I thought it would and I think I’ll just need to add everything manually. 

Have you tried contacting their support?  I've never used comicbookrealm.com, but saw this post from earlier this year.  I don't know how well it would work for you (or even if it would work at all).

On 9/13/2024 at 6:38 PM, Telegan said:

Have you tried contacting their support?  I've never used comicbookrealm.com, but saw this post from earlier this year.  I don't know how well it would work for you (or even if it would work at all).

That post details the same issue I am having. Having to relink all the books. I started going through and manually adding everything. I’ll get it all added soon enough.