• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Byrne/Perez page from Action 600, advice needed
1 1

10 posts in this topic

So, I have fussed a bit here and there with original art pages, but usually in the $150 to $300 range, never with anything of significant value.

Now a buddy of mine wants me to help him market something significantly larger, so I thought I'd ask the Hive Mind for opinions. I'd like to take this piece on the road to the spring  and summer shows for display and hopefully a good sale price.

Action 600, interior page, pencils by John Byrne, finishes by George Perez, signed by Perez. Been in his collection for a good many years now, first time it's seen in public since he bought it. 

Any input greatly appreciated.

20240106_122136.jpg

Is he wanting you to sell it? I’m a bit confused as to what you’re wanting advice on.

If you’re asking how much the page is worth, probably about $2500-$3500. It’s a bit heavy on the Perez inks and there’s not a lot of Byrne left — and it’s a page without Superman and Wonder Woman on it.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:42 PM, Michael Browning said:

Is he wanting you to sell it? I’m a bit confused as to what you’re wanting advice on.

If you’re asking how much the page is worth, probably about $2500-$3500. It’s a bit heavy on the Perez inks and there’s not a lot of Byrne left — and it’s a page without Superman and Wonder Woman on it.

Yup. Asked a couple dealer buddies who sell bigger pages. Got wildly divergent answers, 1500 and 5K.

Thought I'd  better get some more opinions, :D

On 1/9/2024 at 8:58 PM, catrick339 said:

Yup. Asked a couple dealer buddies who sell bigger pages. Got wildly divergent answers, 1500 and 5K.

Thought I'd  better get some more opinions, :D

I think it could definitely go as low as $2000 (but I doubt it would go as low as $1500), but I think the ceiling is $3500. Tiny Darkseid and the group shot of the gods doesn’t really bring the big bucks.

On 1/9/2024 at 9:09 PM, Michael Browning said:

I think it could definitely go as low as $2000 (but I doubt it would go as low as $1500), but I think the ceiling is $3500. Tiny Darkseid and the group shot of the gods doesn’t really bring the big bucks.

Many thanks!

Anyone else have anything?

Man that is a tricky page… a special issue with such an fantastic artistic pairing Byrne and Perez, fresh to market and as hyper detailed as you can get (the Perez factor) BUT no Sups or Wonder Woman.

Maybe throw it on Heritage and see where the chips fall BUT without heroes would it be worth it after subtracting ALL their fees? That’s a tough call. The “yeah but” pages are very unpredictable.

Hopefully, you’ll get some good offers via DM! I’m sure you’ll get a few.

Thanks @gumbydarnit,  so far no DM messages, but I'd be happy to pass on any offers to the owner.

No skin in the game myself except for dinner and drinks, lol

On 1/9/2024 at 8:19 PM, catrick339 said:

So, I have fussed a bit here and there with original art pages, but usually in the $150 to $300 range, never with anything of significant value.

Now a buddy of mine wants me to help him market something significantly larger, so I thought I'd ask the Hive Mind for opinions. I'd like to take this piece on the road to the spring  and summer shows for display and hopefully a good sale price.

Action 600, interior page, pencils by John Byrne, finishes by George Perez, signed by Perez. Been in his collection for a good many years now, first time it's seen in public since he bought it. 

Any input greatly appreciated.

20240106_122136.jpg

$1500 to $2000 would be my guess. As others have pointed out, there's no signature Perez or Byrne characters on there, except for maybe Darkseid. But he doesn't carry the collector's premium that Thanos does. It's a really nice piece of art, however.

Edited by PhilipB2k17