• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are these mechanical errors worth the hassle/risk of sending back to CGC?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Here are 2 books I own which I could send back to CGC for mechanical error.

The Detective 400 has CK Elite Edition erroneously written on the top and the B&B 200 does not mention that it's the Canadian Price Variant.

For now, both are part of my personal collection, however I could one day sell them. And for that bit, I want to know if those two errors would in any way matter to potential buyers. At the same time, if I were to send these in, would a buyer be hesitant of 9.8 reholders now that there is a scandal. AND would CGC pay closer attention to this mechanical error request, now that there is a scandal, and thus potentially regrade my comic. I'm playing a 4-D chess game of stupid anxiety in my head over this and was wondering your opinions.

FYI, for the Brave and the Bold, having it correct would boost it in the census from 1 out of 293 to 1 out of 5

https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Brave+and+the+Bold&publisher=D.C.+Comics&issue=200&year=1983&issuedate=7%2F83

IMG_0998.jpeg

IMG_0997.jpeg

Edited by William-James88

QC is still not getting any better at all.   Send them back.  It's important to have mentioned CPV on the label.

A long time ago and long before 2021 booming price, I had Secret Wars #8 CGC 9.8 Stan Lee/Mike Zeck signatures but CGC missed CPV so I had to get it back.   Few weeks later, I received it with CPV on the label and sold it for little over $1000 but I wished to keep it for 2021.  CPV is attracted to many potential buyers.