• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Designer Toast's Snowpocalypse Sale! CLOSED!
5 5

258 posts in this topic

Thread is now closed. 
:yeehaw::news:
 RECAP WITH DISCOUNTS ON PAGE 13 :news::yeehaw:

Open to offers.  FINAL DISCOUNTS APPLIED!  THREAD CLOSES MONDAY EVENING AT 11PM (PST)

Untitled-5.png.03294002b5cb9730a3bbc743368fa873.png

Happy New Year to you all and welcome!

I hope you are staying warm and safe on this three day weekend with the temps dropping all over the country.

This sale will include raw books (silver, bronze and modern) and maybe some slabs, some vintage Star Wars and GI Joe toys, and a few other items.

We got rules around here...  

Absolutely no HOSers or Probies. I reserve the right to not sell a book to anyone.

See my kudos thread here.  If you know, then you know. 

- First :takeit:  posted in the thread takes it or 'claimed,' etc. I'll entertain reasonable offers. 

- US sales and shipping only Comics ship in a Gemini mailer with additional packaging support.  

- No refunds, returns, or exchanges on graded books or if otherwise noted in a listing. 

- Returns accepted so long as the item is returned in its original condition within 2 weeks, I’ll even split the return shipping with you.

- Most books come in a Mylite2 with double backing boards (sometimes more boards).  

- All items have been scanned/photographed by me, are in my personal possession, and not available elsewhere while this thread remains open. 

- Payment:  I prefer check or money order but will accept PayPal.

Orders $100+ get FREE shipping if paying by check/money order.

US funds only. Due within 1 week of invoice. 

Edited by Designer Toast

I listed this in my holiday thread.  Since I'm in the middle of getting books together, and have to have something listed, well. there you go.  Much more stuff to come including Iron Man 1 and up.

RICK AND MORTY Vol. 1 to 10 Set     (10 sets available)     :whatthe: Only $100 SHIPPED!!!! :whatthe:  If you find a better price, let me know. :popcorn: Retailers/resellers, if you're looking for bulk on this set I can hook you right up, just DM me.

All ten volumes collecting Rick and Morty #1 through #50.  This set retails for $199.90.  All books are fresh from the case, brand spankin' new! 

RAM1to10A.png

It's only going to be in the low 20s here, but it did rain yesterday and all day today.  Snow level is going to drop and it will 100% freeze over tonight. Not too bothered by the cold, grew up in snow country where it was in the teens and below zero often.  First day I moved to where I am now, it snowed an inch and this whole city shut down. :roflmao:

Again, I hope you're all in a nice warm place or will be soon! :peace:

Be back in a bit and FYI I am on the west coast (PST).

Was going to drive to get coffee this morning, but my Jeep is completely iced over and it's raining ice. lol Don't worry, I have coffee and...trust me...that's good for everyone. I'm about to fire this up.  Get a warm drink, kick back, converse and let me know how the weather is where you live. Oh, and buy a lot of books while you're at it. :cheers:

It didn't snow hard here at all, maybe four inches, maybe.  That freezing rain hit us hard here.  My German Shepherd and my pit-mix (new puppy) went crazy outside and chased each other until they dropped. lol This is the new puppy's first snow. 

The snowplows don't run here on the weekends, because the town doesn't want to pay overtime...., so it is a mess.

I just shoveled about an hour ago, and it looks like there is another four inches....., 

image000000.thumb.jpg.d5ff77f79e08a7cefe23422e47d6712e.jpg

On 1/13/2024 at 3:26 PM, lizards2 said:

The snowplows don't run here on the weekends, because the town doesn't want to pay overtime...., so it is a mess.

I just shoveled about an hour ago, and it looks like there is another four inches....., 

image000000.thumb.jpg.d5ff77f79e08a7cefe23422e47d6712e.jpg

Hope the operators drive VWs. 

On 1/13/2024 at 12:34 PM, Cman429 said:

Doesn’t anyone put chains on their tires anymore? Amateurs. 

Ummm..., most vehicles made nowadays don't have clearance for chains?

Or maybe it is just the three that I own?

Edited by lizards2

Sorry for the delay.  Let's start with some plastic crack here...

POTF Han Solo in Carbonite (1984)   $260

This from an original owner collection and was only displayed.  No coin.  Tight joints, fantastic paint!  A bit appropriate considering the current weather.  It's a very balmy 24 degrees here currently.

SOLOCARB1.JPG

SOLOCARB2.JPG

On 1/13/2024 at 12:36 PM, lizards2 said:

Ummm..., most vehicles made nowadays don't have clearance for chains?

Or maybe it is just the three that I own?

Probably the three you own. lol  When I lived in the southern part of the state, it snowed like crazy.  One year I literally had to dig a tunnel in the snow to get out of my house.

POTF A-Wing Pilot (1984)   $175.00

Original owner collection.  Tight joints, great paint, POTF coin!  Only displayed.  Missing gun.  A single figure with no gun and no coin recently sold for the same price.

awing1.JPG

awing2.JPG

Blue Snagletooth (Sears Exclusive)   $299.00

Complete with original gun, original owner collection. 1978 Hong Kong mark.  Some paint loss on boots and hair, some chipping on hands.  Saw one in way worse shape recently sell for $250.  If you don't know anything about this figure, the story behind it is interesting.  This figure was originally going to be released with the regular line.  When Kenner obtained photos from the movie for toy production, they only received black and white photos of the creature from the waist up. This is what was produced.  Someone from LucasFilm told them the creature in the movie was really short and dressed in red - a smaller version with the correct coloring was released as a single packaged figure.  Production had already commenced and this blue version and was offered as the Cantina Adventure Set that was a Sears department store catalog exclusive.  I've included a photo of the original set for those interested.

bluesnag1.JPG

bluesnag2.JPG

cantina.png

Okay, last figure for a bit and we'll move on to some comics...

Jawa 1977   $70

Super nice figure with great paint and tight joints.  Original owner collection, display only.  Great looking figure complete with original gun and cape.  Really nice!

jawa1977.JPG

IRON MAN #1     5.0    $450.00     $430.00    SOLD PER PM

My backup copy.  Solid, clean staples.  Small tape pull on "THE" in title.

Spoiler

ironman1.JPG

Spoiler

ironman1B.JPG

Edited by Designer Toast

IRON MAN #2     8.0    $165.00     $150.00

First appearance of The Demolisher.  Nice copy, clean staples, good color and gloss.  Some fool thinks he can build a better armored suit than my boy Tony Stark. :tonofbricks:

IMG_6781.JPG

IMG_6782.JPG

Edited by Designer Toast