• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new pedigree?

34 posts in this topic

Auction link

Spoke with Dan, the very nice guy running the auction. He had not as yet seen any comic books, but they weren't done unpacking everything yet.

This Coca-Cola standup is worth a fortune, and I'm going to be bidding very heavily on this (unless Joanna does...).

When I first moved to the Northern Calif. coast in 1974, the only grocery store in town (Mendosa's) was also the only hardware store. The hardware store side of the building was similar to some of the pics shown of this "time capsule" - but even older. There were pristine calendars from the 1930s in stacks, for sale at 20 cents each. Old 45 records from the '40s and '50s still with their original prices (27 cents I think), and all sorts of assorted goods. Just walking into that side of the building was mind-blowing, and I imagine it's a similar feeling wandering around this place in Billings.

One person's garbage is another's find of the century - or in this case, half-century smile.gif

Maybe so, but he might need to outbid LucyBop!

Well, greggy has..........errrr..........more practical uses for Betty Boop crazy.gif (note to rickdogg, post that pic of greggy's Wonder Woman doll).

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

I noticed that. But I thought it was probably a LIFE collection rather than an indication that lots of other magazines/comics from 1943 on were there also. LIFE collecting was always pretty popular. Lots of great pictures in a time when there werent so many places to see what was going on around the world. Big pictures too.

Everyone is commenting about 1950's items based on the date the place was boarded up. However, take a close look at the dates on the mags and you'll see some issues from 1943!

Yep- and some other things too!

The John Plain Book from 1933

A 1935 (something Tribune) Newspaper

A "Neat Patriotic Victory Emblem" sign - must be WWII

A 1935 Wilson Softball Rules and Equipment catalogue or brochure

A 1935-1936 Wilson Football cat/broch

A 1930 Victor Records something - probablty catalogue

Wilson Sports Equipment 1937 Catalogue

Dr. Miles 1932 Almanac (and Handbook of Valuable Information)

(but see next post - it is worth a breakout and a link)