• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transformers #1 1984 Newsstand Double Cover - Value estimates?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I unknowingly picked up a double cover of the 1984 #1 Transformers newsstand.  It recently came back a 9.6 OW/W from CGC.  I don't see any sales (ebay/gocollect) or population information on this type of error variant.  Any thoughts here to how to value this or where I can go to get a rough value?  Thanks for the feedback!

image.thumb.png.cb55094761bf1fe424ed6df3506a2ee3.png

insanely hard to value, largely dependent on luck of getting the right buyer(s) at the right time.

If you have an immense amount of free time, you can sample other key-ish (or similar title) comics that have double covers that have sold (GPA and/or ebay sold) and do some price comparisons vs the non-double covers.  Collect as much data as is available, use whatever math (or computer program) you're capable of to make your best estimate.  You can then raise/lower the price as needed for age, rarity, "key-ness", grade, or whatever other factors you think might be relevant.