• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Walking Dead #1 the most slabbed book ever?
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Based on percentage of total copies ordered, I mean. Census has 3600+ and ‘supposedly’ something like 7200 copies were ordered. If true, that’s around 50% of the population slabbed, which is kinda crazy.

Any other books spring to mind that have similar volume of slabbage relative to estimated number of total copies?

(also, it’s kinda crazy to me that this book hasn’t really dropped much in price since the boom compared to other big books—maybe the result of a lack of a rapidly increasing census that so many other silver or later keys have seen?)

On 1/19/2024 at 12:51 PM, Nsschenks said:

Based on percentage of total copies ordered, I mean. Census has 3600+ and ‘supposedly’ something like 7200 copies were ordered. If true, that’s around 50% of the population slabbed, which is kinda crazy.

Any other books spring to mind that have similar volume of slabbage relative to estimated number of total copies?

(also, it’s kinda crazy to me that this book hasn’t really dropped much in price since the boom compared to other big books—maybe the result of a lack of a rapidly increasing census that so many other silver or later keys have seen?)

Toitles, all prints

On 1/19/2024 at 2:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Toitles, all prints

Good point! Looks like first print has 1200+ slabbed of a print run of 3000, which is a very high percentage (>40%)--though I'm kind of surprised it's not higher tbh. Interestingly, the second print has only 850 or so on the census with a print run of 6000. Seems like a lot of these remain unslabbed in peoples' collections!

Albedo #2 is around 16% of its print run, and Cerebus is around 19%. Thought both would be much higher.

Seems like a lot of people holding these indie keys have little interest in slabbing them. Will be curious to see what happens to prices when those owners start liquidating their collections...could be a while though, since none of those books are particularly old.

On 1/19/2024 at 2:53 PM, Nsschenks said:

I imagine some variants could make the list. Saga #1 Retailer Incentive comes to mind--supposedly 500 issued and 295 slabbed--a whopping 59%!

I think it was discussed before, but I'm not sure if all in one dedicated thread, I DO remember thinking when I first joined that it was "true" of most books, but not as much as I'd thought either :cheers: