• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man #15 - tiny spot of color touch?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

What's the consensus on this? Is that color touch on the 'R' in Hunter on the logo blurb for this copy of ASM 15? The reverse area is black so I can't see any bleed through. It's smooth to the touch and there are so many other areas that you'd think someone would have color touched along with that one spot, that I wonder if it's some kind of printing color defect. I'm not detecting any other color touch on the cover. 

I'm sending it in to get graded; should I just add resto removal and if they determine there is none, then I won't be charged? Thanks for any insight.

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

On 1/20/2024 at 11:10 AM, Pontoon said:

it looked like a printing defect to me from the photos. I pulled out my copy to check and it has the same spot.

ASM15CU.jpg

Oh wow, thanks. I’d looked at a couple of other copies but didn’t see it. Great. This confirms it then. Much appreciated! 

On 1/20/2024 at 2:36 PM, The Lions Den said:

Even if it was color touch, removing it likely wouldn't affect the overall grade...  

I’m not really worried about the grade, I just don’t want a purple label. The consensus seems to be not to worry about it being color touch.  (I also posted it on Facebook).